Looking for spell efficency excel table base

Looking for spell efficency excel table base

Postby Raudkoer » 29 Mar 2014, 05:39

Looking spell efficency excel table,with premade formulas for fields to fill.Im pretty bad at excel (read bad is severe underestimation),so i need premade base i can fill with my class/stats/spells/item-gear :? stats
Raudkoer

Re: Looking for spell efficency excel table base

Postby Cheesy » 30 Mar 2014, 10:10

Learning can be fun.

You are unlikely to find anyone who is willing to share all their efficiency tables etc, and a lot of people just use their own base values at one time, rather than using constantly changing figures.

Attached is a screenshot of how you can make your own basic efficiency chart.

forraudkoer.png

Just remember.

Efficiency = Average Damage / (Cast + Recovery)

Average DD Damage = (Min + Max) / 2
Average Dot Damage = (Min + Max + (Average Dot tick * Number of Ticks)) / 2

Enjoy Maths. (Its really not that hard once you work it out for 1 spell, its the same for the rest).
Cheesy

Postby Raudkoer » 31 Mar 2014, 11:04

Are columns F,G and I all one needs to make own good table?What about stats,like main stat is,lets say 7000 INT...i suppose castspeed and attackspeed are looked as 100%
Raudkoer

Postby Raudkoer » 31 Mar 2014, 11:07

Why in that example Hostage avg formula differs?Are efficcency formulas same for all classes and spells to copy over?=(F5/(G5+0.25))?
Raudkoer

Postby Raudkoer » 31 Mar 2014, 11:15

I have this,but it looks quite sophisticated for me.Can it be used as base for other classes
Attachments
Nune's Warlock Efficiency Spreadsheet v2.0.zip
From EQ 2U or somewhere
(34.05 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Raudkoer

Postby Cheesy » 31 Mar 2014, 12:19

Raudkoer wrote:I have this,but it looks quite sophisticated for me.Can it be used as base for other classes

If you want to put in a LOT of effort into it sure. But for what you really want to achieve? Not really.

Raudkoer wrote:Are columns F,G and I all one needs to make own good table?What about stats,like main stat is,lets say 7000 INT...i suppose castspeed and attackspeed are looked as 100%

Don't worry about Int and everything else. Just take damage from your Spell books, which already considers Potency and Base Stat (And as CB is generally constant for it all, that doesnt matter either).

Just don't do half the table one day, gain a load of gear and do the rest another day. Do it when your stats are the same for all abilities.

Raudkoer wrote:Why in that example Hostage avg formula differs?Are efficcency formulas same for all classes and spells to copy over?=(F5/(G5+0.25))?

Hostage was different as I was being lazy. I worked out the average damage for each trigger, and multipled it by the number of triggers.

Efficiency is the same for all classes. Total Average Damage / (Cast + Recovery).
Cheesy

Return to General Discussion