Pets/Mercs

Pets/Mercs

Postby Olgie » 26 Mar 2014, 11:02

I'm a bit confused on how the bot handles pets & mercs. It appears that the bot "pulls back" the pets & mercs periodically and I can't find a setting for that behavior.

So the scenario is that we are out doing our thing, and the pet/merc is set to protect me, themselves, and to assist me. This works for a few minutes, then their buttons change to their "un-clicked" state. This causes mercs to just stand there while getting beat on, and since I'm not hated, I do not target the mob beating on the merc. Same with pets; they just get clobbered while I stand there. What am I doing wrong?
Olgie

Re: Pets/Mercs

Postby Kannkor » 28 Mar 2014, 14:26

Olgie wrote:I'm a bit confused on how the bot handles pets & mercs. It appears that the bot "pulls back" the pets & mercs periodically and I can't find a setting for that behavior.

So the scenario is that we are out doing our thing, and the pet/merc is set to protect me, themselves, and to assist me. This works for a few minutes, then their buttons change to their "un-clicked" state. This causes mercs to just stand there while getting beat on, and since I'm not hated, I do not target the mob beating on the merc. Same with pets; they just get clobbered while I stand there. What am I doing wrong?

In order to change the pet's target, the bot does a /pet backoff, changes target, then does a /pet attack. This makes sure it switches it's target.

Edit: I can't say this is cause that issue... just sharing the info..
Kannkor

Postby Olgie » 29 Mar 2014, 00:16

OK, so because I don't have a target, the thing just stands there; I see. Can we get it to reapply the "Protect" and "Assist" setting when the character has no target? Or default it to protect and assist the pet/merc's owner?
Olgie

Postby Kannkor » 29 Mar 2014, 00:24

Olgie wrote:OK, so because I don't have a target, the thing just stands there; I see. Can we get it to reapply the "Protect" and "Assist" setting when the character has no target? Or default it to protect and assist the pet/merc's owner?

It's on the feature request list. But very few people use Ogre to solo. In 99% of group situations it's a non-issue, because mobs are beating on a tank that is a PC. So it's quite low on this magical list.

And dealing with pets sucks terribly.
Kannkor

Postby Olgie » 29 Mar 2014, 22:25

Thanx!
Olgie

Return to General Discussion