Upgrade from v16 to v17!

Upgrade from v16 to v17!

Postby Kannkor » 22 Jan 2014, 12:24

First off, what is different with V16 compared to v17.

V17 was built around having more choice. Previously, you had a Priority Tab, a NamedCA tab, a CA tab, and a few others. And these were done in order. Meaning, once your entire priority tab was done, then it would move onto the NamedCA tab, then once it was done, it would move onto the CA tab.
When ToV came out, it made debuffs VERY important, and this created a problem for priests mainly. You couldn't have a heal heavy spec, and expect to have it cast a single debuff, let alone "early" on when it was important.

V17 introduces a new tab, called "Cast Stack".
Any "ordered" ability goes into this tab. This means anything you previously put into the Priority tab, NamedCA, CA, PowerHeals, all goes into this new tab. It allows you to decide the order.

You could now have an order like this: (Example shaman)
Combat -> ST Ward -> Tank
NamedCA -> Debuff_ability01
Res -> Tank
Heal -> Tank -> 50%
Combat -> Group Ward -> Tank

etc etc. You can make up the order. The type of ability, does not matter. You have every single ability in 1 tab.

Some other tabs still exist, ones that don't fall into the normal rotation of things. For example: Pre/Post cast tabs still exist, because they are invoked or triggered based on what else you are casting. Same with Announce tab, it does a completely different function, and therefore still exists.

Well, lets jump into the bad news. Because of the massive changes, and changing how abilities work in general, I was not able to preserve profiles. At least not in a usable way. This means when you convert from v16 to v17, the information will be visually there, but it needs to be re-entered into the CastStack tab. Alternatively, you can just load one of the new v17 samples (more information on how below).

If you want a LOT more information on what changed, why, how, and some of the process, a lot is documented here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32

Like usual, I always recommend everyone do a backup before you start. I personally do a back up of my entire /innerspace/ folder.

Ability Export (v17) vs Spell Export (v16)
These serve the same purpose, but contain a ton of different information. It has been completely revamped. This means the first time you log in, you will need to run an export. You do so by 'ogre export' into the console. The old "spell exports" are no longer used, and you are free to delete them if you wish. The new ones are called 'AbilityExports'. I know, I should win an award for my naming strategies.
All the same notes apply, don't zone/fight while you are running an export etc.

Using your v16 profile or using v17 samples.
Using your v16 profile
If you want to use your v16 profile to create your v17 profile, you can. Run your ability export (ogre export). Once it is finished, reload Ogrebot.
You will notice the CA tab, priority tab etc all still exist, however they are NOT functional. Meaning it is there visually only. You can use this visual aid to re-create your profile into the CastStack. Be sure to save often incase you close Ogrebot by accident.

Using a v17 sample profile
First thing we need to do, is back up your v16 profile for two reasons. One, because I like to back things up, and two, we need to make Ogrebot think you don't have a profile, so it loads the sample profile for you.
Navigate to the following folder: \Innerspace\Scripts\EQ2OgreBot\Save\
Locate the file with your server/name. For example, if my server is Unrest, and my toonname is Kannkor, I would be looking for this file.
EQ2Save_Unrest_Kannkor.xml
Edit the file name, you can technically change it to whatever you want. I personally just add .bak before the extension. So it looks like this:
EQ2Save_Unrest_Kannkor.bak.xml

Now load Ogrebot on that toon, and it will use the sample profile. Remember to run an export (ogre export), and update your aliases. Keep in mind, these are only samples. They are not the 'perfect' solution for anyone. You will want to review the CastStack (well, all tabs really) and ensure things are set up how you want them. However, they should all be functional out of the box, but no where near perfect.

Do I HAVE to upgrade to v17?
Yes. While, you technically don't have to right this very second, v16 is no longer in development. Which means no more features/functionality/bug fixes will happen. And at some stage, something with EQ2 or ISXEQ2 will change and break v16. If you wait until this time, you will be forced to change that very day, instead of doing it when you choose (like, today.. :) ).
V17 has many, many improvements you will want anyways. A few to highlight - full channeler support, group heals and group resses (where you can select the # of people).
New grind options ( for vulak's dominion, for example ), and new raid options ( for accursed sanctum - coming soon ).

As of the time I'm writing this, v17 is still in beta. However, it has been tested by a small group of people for months. Every once in a while someone finds a bug, reports it, and I fix it, but this is happening so rare, that it's time for a bigger audience.

How to tell if you are using v16 or v17
There's two easy ways.
1) When you load ogrebot, it tells you what version it is. For example: 16.008 or 17.001. Hopefully that makes it obvious if you are on v16 or v17... :)
2) When ISXOgre is loaded, it says which 'patch' version you are using. Patch version 245 and UNDER are v16, and patch 246 and OVER are v17.
If you are already on v17, then you do not have to do anything.

How to upgrade from v16 to v17
Ensure you do not have any EQ2 sessions loaded.
Download the new isxogre.dll and save this file into your /innerspace/extensions/ directory.
Load 1 EQ2 session and load isxogre. This will allow it to patch and be fully updated.

That's it.
If you experience any problems or issues, feel free to post about them, or ask in IRC on #ogre. Please don't PM me unless it is a billing related issue.
Last edited by Kannkor on 11 Nov 2014, 05:42, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated isxogre.dll link
Kannkor

Return to General Discussion