One Healer or Two?

One Healer or Two?

Postby Kleever » 02 Jan 2014, 12:53

Just thought I'd put this out there, because from what I've seen so far, I'm the only person I know that runs with only one healer in group. Personally I've found that having 2 healers does not seem to increase my survivability at all when it comes to heroic zones(even clearing raid trash). Now maybe its gear, or my script setups, but I've found that my inquis is more then enough to keep my group up for all ToV group zones, with the exception of Armahtal(sp?) in Dominion, which I can't even kill with a mystic added in. Have many people tried running solo healer groups? My dps group, especially after some recent adjustments, is putting out probably 4mil zonewide on most zones right now, though individual named fights(without constant breaks in dps like luminox prime) I get up to 8mil dps for the group. I run Guard, Inquis, Coercer, Ranger, Assassin, and Dirge.

When I swap the assassin for a mystic, it seems that ogre just is not efficient with 2 healers(and not trying to knock on Ogre at all, I love this program). I set my mystic to have all wards as just combat spells in the priority list, but then when it comes to heals they get wasted because him and the inquis cast at the same time and one of them alone is enough to get the guards hps back up. I've even tried lowering the threshold on one of them, so that he only kicks in when hps are lower then I want them to be, but then the issue is, the nameds that that happens on I'm dead before the 2nd healer can kick in due to high spike damage.

So I guess the reason for this post is to find out, A: Are there any other solo heal group players here, and B: has anyone found a way to truly take advantage of having 2 healers to get the most out of the combined heal ability?(Though I think the answer to that may be using a channeler for the damage reduction to replace my mystic with)
Kleever

Re: One Healer or Two?

Postby pz » 02 Jan 2014, 18:50

ive done all the instances with zerk/inq/brig/ranger/coercer/dirge, except dominion.

my actual primary group is zerk/inq/mystic/ranger/coercer/dirge, and im afraid of change.

im not sure my poor mystic even counts as a healer anymore, my berserker taunts her mercilessly over his top ranking on the heal parse.

im curious if anyone is running dominion with a solo priest (and which).
pz

Postby Stoutalot » 03 Jan 2014, 07:18

My group consists of Zerk/Coercer/Brig/Dirge/Ranger/Warden and I've done all heroic content with that setup..

No reason to run with 2 healers really ;)
Stoutalot

Postby pelly » 08 Feb 2014, 17:12

I run multiple combination of groups and have used all healer types except a temp. I solo heal all the time except when dragging a new healer around to get quest armor.

No reason to run 2 healers for heroics.
pelly

Return to General Discussion