AW: Native Mettle [Heroic III] - Goldan

AW: Native Mettle [Heroic III] - Goldan

Postby Kannkor » 13 Apr 2024, 03:19

If you've made it this far, you should have a good understanding of how much of a shit show these H3 fights are. Don't worry, being the boss of the zone, this one takes the cake. Pure shit-show.

I'm not sure my kill was actually a success, or a string of very lucky events that let me win. But.. a win is a win... right?

Pre-pull:
You need to be at the portal to get up.
Do a "lets go" then a "No move". Basically make sure no campspot, and no one is following anyone.
Hit special. Everyone should fly to their own pad.
Disable any force targets (some tank taunts).
Up to you - I like to turn on Forced Named CA on everyone, to kill adds faster. But that's a personal preference.

The strategy.. if you call it one...
Stagger - A HO a fighter has to complete or you get a massive KB. Thankfully, most of the time this KB isn't a death sentence.. but to make things more fun, this either has a random timer, or things can interfere with it. Cast the HO too soon? KB. Cast it too late? KB. This is one of the least important mechanics too..
Tail Lash - A scout has to have a HO up (just the starter is fine). If can be 1 of 3 detrimentals. If it's fear, it's a wipe, period. The good news is, this works 100% of the time.. wait.. 99.9% of the time, incase you fail it, not my fault.
Vapourize - A priest HO up (just the starter is fine). I don't recall what happens if you miss this one.. but I believe it's very bad. This happens 99.9% of the time.
Curse - There is a curse that basically means you will do 0 dps. This can ONLY be cured if a priest HO is active. I just say suck it up, and you'll get cured during a vapourize.
The 6 pads.. you can only do damage to the named if 1 of each archetype is on a pad.
If anyone is on a pad (I don't know the details.. say for too long, or a total amount of time), an add will spawn and it will be target locked to someone. You need to mage dispell it, then a fighter can taunt it. You can only damage this add if it's on a fighter. Oh, and whoever it spawned on, their pad is now a pad of death. Anyone touches it, you'll be knocked into the moon and die.
But guess what... if you have an add up, your group does basically double damage. So you want to keep an add up... but it has to be on a duplicate archetype in your group (remember, you can only do damage to the named if each of the 4 archetypes are on pads, and if an add spawned on you, you can't be on a pad).
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
How is your RNG? So far, it seems like there's a 75% chance you are lucky, and a 25% chance you are unlucky. Guess what.. I'm in the unlucky group.
What is SUPPOSE to happen, is when an add spawns on someone, it locks to them. This makes it "easier" to get an add on whoever you want... if you're in the 25% group, when an add spawns on someone, it can lock to any other archetype in the group. Yes that's right, you can have your fury on a pad to get an add, and it will go to your mystic... but guess what... your fury can no longer go to a pad, because their pad is fucked. It's loads of fun.
The only "good news" is, since my group got royally fucked by this, it's coded to handle it.
Oh.. did I forget to mention.. the pads require you to jump to and from them. So, that's fun in itself. Lots of running and jumping all the time. (This actually works 100% of the time, so it's moot).
I've likely forgotten some things.. as I said, it's a shit show.

The fight
From the portal TO the boss, do a lets go, then a no move.
Hit "Special", this will get everyone to their pads.
Do a setupfor
There's a message (it's late.. I don't recall.. in console or ogreconsole) about them understanding which pad is theirs.
If this is your first pull, do a second Setupfor, this will move everyone to the dragon (non-aggro).
When you're ready for a shit show, buff up and target the named...
Good luck! There is very very little you can actually do to help during this fight. Shit, if anything, you touching anything is probably going to be a hinderance.
*EDIT* A few more details..
On pull, it will send out the duplicate classes to the pads only. For example, if you have 2 priests and 2 scouts, only 1 priest and 1 scout will go out to the pads. This is so you can get an add you will keep for the duration of the fight.
Once that is successful, then your 4 non-duplicates will go out.

The bad RNG.
If you fall into bad RNG group like I do, it's just bad luck. Here's some things that can happen.
The add continually spawns on the wrong person, meaning you have to keep killing it over and over again, waiting for a proper one to spawn... My longest so far is over 5 minutes. Yea, lots of fun.
If it happens in the middle of the fight, the bot will "fix" it the best it can, which is by killing adds that could be causing the problem. Some times it picks the wrong one and you get to kill them all and then you're back to hoping it goes back on the right person. Yup.. lots of fun.
Kannkor

Return to General Discussion