Easy Question

Easy Question

Postby GamerMac » 23 May 2017, 12:19

I am getting a fatal DirectX error. I have fixed it a few times and it keeps coming back. I opened a ticket with Daybreak and they asked for: DxDiag.txt
MSinfo.txt

Will either of those show 3rd party software?
Attachments
directx.png
GamerMac

Re: Easy Question

Postby GamerMac » 23 May 2017, 12:57

Yep.. It is in the MSinfo.txt.

So... anyone know how to fix my problem?
GamerMac

Postby Kannkor » 23 May 2017, 15:17

Do you have the same problem if you load without innerspace?
If not, what about if you do not load any extensions at all?

You could attempt to delete the 3rd party stuff from msinfo before sending it, but you'd have to be pretty careful to get it all. So wouldn't recommend this.
Kannkor

Postby GamerMac » 24 May 2017, 02:00

Funny.. I don't think my problem is EQ2 or ISX (or Ogre). I installed a clean version of EQ2 and it didn't work. Then I reinstalled the drivers for the video card (AMD Radeon RX480). And it worked, of course it did the same thing the other day, then it reverted back to NOT working.

The odd thing, I clicked on Inner Space console (patcher) and when it popped upI couldn't see any text. Yet after I reinstalled the drivers the text was back.

I had to change a power supply recently, but other than that I haven't had any major changes or updates. I am kinda at a loss.

I agree with you about not sending the MSinfo, It even goes into logs that are there from almost a year ago.. so the ISXEQ2 fingers are extensive. Which is fine.. but I just need to find a way to fix the problem, because I don't plan on buying another PC for a year or so.
GamerMac

Postby litewave » 24 May 2017, 09:32

are you using the creators update for win10? if so, revert back to former version. I was getting those errors right after i had done the creators update. the vpk files in eq2 kept getting corrupted. validating assets would fix them (and often crash in process) but the problem would reappear after a few zonings. reverted win10 back to pre creators and blocked that update. that problem has not reappeared.
litewave

Return to General Discussion