Proving Grounds

Proving Grounds

Postby Kannkor » 14 May 2017, 17:06

I've had quite a few people ask me about Proving Grounds. I'll start with some facts, then share my opinion.

Facts:
Ogrebot is nearly 100% functional in Proving Grounds. Including but not limited to: CAs, buffs, heals, following, movement, etc.
A few things don't work quite properly in Proving grounds. Some spew stats that require loading data, such as currency. Cancel Invis after combat.

Opinion:
People ask me if these are "safe" to run. I have no idea, none at all. I guess the short answer is no. We aren't exactly playing by the rules, so there is some risk in everything we do. I would gauge it like this, there are different levels of safe to running a PG right now.

Play a single toon with the bot - Risk: low. What I mean by this, is YOU are controlling the toon, but the bot is handling the basic combat arts for you. So it's more assisted playing than botting. You are only playing ONE toon, and no one is using any kind of follow. The reason this is low risk, is because it would be very difficult for someone to visually know you are botting. You would be doing everything a real player would and not look like you are botting.

Play a few toons with the bot - Risk: Extremely high. This would mean you would be botting multiple toons with real players in your group. This is just dumb. Don't do this.

Play a whole group with the bot - Risk: ???. I can't even make a guess at the risk. One on side, you are by yourself, and no other players can really see you (just be smart about doing the boss when the other group isn't around). On the other side, if your name is known AT ALL, and someone sees you on the other team, you better believe you will get petitioned. LIkewise, these are very new (and very buggy), so you have devs/gm's watching things.

I'm going to leave it at that. You need to decide how much risk you are willing to take.

Here are some resources that may help you, if you do decide to venture in, that may help you.
Profile Aliasing
Kannkor

Re: Proving Grounds

Postby Cheesy » 17 May 2017, 13:39

Seen a few bot groups today taking the tactic of zoning in, going afk till other group finishes zone, then clearing it.

Probably one of the less risky ways to get caught out, but it does look a bit suspicious when 10 mins in 1 side hasn't killed a named.
Cheesy

Postby Kannkor » 17 May 2017, 14:41

Cheesy wrote:Seen a few bot groups today taking the tactic of zoning in, going afk till other group finishes zone, then clearing it.

Probably one of the less risky ways to get caught out, but it does look a bit suspicious when 10 mins in 1 side hasn't killed a named.

I've seen quite a few real groups take 10 minutes to kill the first named lol
Kannkor

Postby Cheesy » 19 May 2017, 12:35

Saw this in Discord earlier, to what extend people have been banned, I do not know. Could be 1 toon, could be 6.

Caith - Today at 6:19 PM
If you do not have permission to join a battleground, it is likely due to having the permissions removed due to uziliting a third party program the Proving Grounds.
Cheesy

Postby Anunnaki » 19 May 2017, 20:09

I got 5 of my toons banned from PG. I'm not sure how. I mustve gotten reported somehow. Just a heads up that there are a lot of crybabies in PG, no matter the time you play at, and they will report you.
Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » 21 May 2017, 17:56

Oh, and they also rolled back all my toons and stripped the coins from those runs too. Just noticed. In other words, dont get caught.
Anunnaki

Postby pelly » 09 Jun 2017, 10:39

Now with the new solo PG zone added, what are people thoughts on botting that zone?
pelly

Postby Nalik » 09 Jun 2017, 14:40

I suspect my approach will be the same as the boat quest... if someone wants to publish a script to run it, I'll probably grind it. But doing the same zone over and over and over on 6 toons manually? No thanks.

That's assuming they ever get the PG "server" working right. Not that keen on risking my characters going poof just trying to zone to the lobby.
Nalik

Postby pelly » 09 Jun 2017, 15:18

Safe to bot Nexus? No competition for that instance, just race against time.

Thoughts?
pelly

Postby soto11 » 09 Jul 2017, 22:48

so does anyone have one for the solo zone?
soto11

Next

Return to General Discussion