Issue with Inquisitor CAs

Issue with Inquisitor CAs

Postby avatarofwar » 23 Apr 2017, 22:36

Hi Kankor -

I'm working on the addition of an Inquis to my group instead of a fury, and I'm having a hell of a time with [what I believe to be] positional nonsense - or simply stated I can't get her to cast them a lot of the time (she'll just "sit there" until a spell of something comes available). The CA's in the Inquisitor AA tree that replace spells have a modifier on them (green text when examined) that adds additional damage when the caster is flanking or behind the mob. When my inquis does get behind the mob, suddenly she'll burn through all the CA's, but if she's facing them she ignores all of them. This is a problem because the CA's themselves are not position dependent - you only don't get the bonus damage if you're not flanking or behind. I suspect ogre bot is misinterpreting these as flanking / rear only like with typical scout CA's and skipping them.

Of course, the problem is that Inquis is shit DPS without those CA's and rear positioning isn't always available. I've looked through the options and I don't see anything obvious that would tell ogre bot to ignore flanking / positional rules; any advice?

Thanks!
-aow
Last edited by avatarofwar on 24 Apr 2017, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Issue with Inquisitor CAs

Postby avatarofwar » 24 Apr 2017, 15:16

Sorry for the quick follow up; I just verified this behavior on an epic training dummy. If the Inquisitor faces the dummy, it will not cast:

Strike of Corruption
Writhing Strike
Invocation Strike
Strike of Flames

EDIT: I just found the 'cause' - if you look at the ability export XML file, the abilities attribute ReqFlanking is set to "TRUE" :

<Setting Name="Writhing Strike" AbilityLineID="2138638112" ID="2138638112" PowerCost="93" MainIconID="182" RecastTime="6.000000" DissonanceCostPerTick="0" MagicDmg="TRUE" DoesDmg="TRUE" ReqFlanking="TRUE" MeleeDmg="TRUE" MentalDmg="TRUE" IsSingleTargetAbility="TRUE" TargetType="1" MinRange="0.000000" SavageryCost="0" HOIconID="14" MaxDuration="10.800000" HealthCostPerTick="0" MaxAOETargets="0" SpellBookType="1" MaxRange="10.000000" DissonanceCost="0" CastingTime="0.250000" PowerCostPerTick="0" DoesNotExpire="FALSE" GroupRestricted="FALSE" EffectRadius="0.000000" IsBeneficial="FALSE" HealthCost="0" ConcentrationCost="0" RecoveryTime="0.350000" NumClasses="0" SavageryCostPerTick="0" BackDropIconID="315" AllowRaid="FALSE" Range="10.000000" IsASingleTargetHostile="TRUE">Writhing Strike</Setting>

I can manually edit this file every time I export, but I suspect you'll want to investigate if there is a smoother way to handle this (if you care about Inquisitor DPS / debuffs :) ).

Re: Issue with Inquisitor CAs

Postby Leeroy » 27 May 2017, 01:01

Thank you for posting this. I had asked about it a couple of months ago and no one had any idea what was the issue; I don't have the mad skillz to go diving into the XML looking for something like this (wouldn't have known what to look for).
Leeroy

Return to General Discussion