Preview: New tab: Cast Stack

Re: MCP Buttons

Postby Kannkor » 28 Jan 2014, 12:09

Luc wrote:I have asked this in IRC, however I am still having issues. Previously, I had some death prevent buttons that were agnostic for my 2 crews (I run a six man crew - melee and caster types), meaning my parameters were set as: 1) All 2) Name of Death Prevent Spell 3) Tank

In v17, I cannot get those buttons to work unless I change parameter 3 to the actual name of the toon, vs *Tank, @Tank, or Tank.

Any thoughts?

Assuming your MCP buttons are on the tank, use: ${Me.Name}

I can look into and see why *Tank isn't being resolved properly.
Kannkor

Postby Luc » 29 Jan 2014, 09:17

Kannkor wrote:
Luc wrote:I have asked this in IRC, however I am still having issues. Previously, I had some death prevent buttons that were agnostic for my 2 crews (I run a six man crew - melee and caster types), meaning my parameters were set as: 1) All 2) Name of Death Prevent Spell 3) Tank

In v17, I cannot get those buttons to work unless I change parameter 3 to the actual name of the toon, vs *Tank, @Tank, or Tank.

Any thoughts?

Assuming your MCP buttons are on the tank, use: ${Me.Name}

I can look into and see why *Tank isn't being resolved properly.

Thanks, this worked. Alternatively, I did a caston x2 and just included their actual names and that worked as well.

For Cheesy - Fighter(s) did not work for me either.
Luc

Re: Preview: New tab: Cast Stack

Postby Leo » 30 Jan 2014, 15:41

Ran into an issue from losing the chains tab, and found a resolution, so posting it here. This may be relevant only to Brigands, or may not, so I will explain in detail the issue I was having.

Skill DOUBLE UP essentially will double cast any skill you cast over the next 6.2 seconds. I keep my big hitters, which luckily have the same recast, to use after using this skill. When I used to have it in chain tab, I never had a problem with it, but with Version 17, I noticed that over the period of 2-3 rotations, the DOUBLE UP would cast and the timers for the other skills were not ready yet, and would eventually get so far apart that double up wasnt even using the hard hitters.

First I tried adding a precast, but this didnt seem to help at all, so I got in chat and talked to Freedo who helped me with some info, and we got it to work.

Adding the pre cast will work, but what I had to do was remove double up from the cast stack entirely to get the precast to wait on when the next ability was ready. This greatly helped the timing of it, but over long fights (3-5 minutes) it would still get away from the other skills that follow my first skill.

Next what I did was to take 2 other spells I typically use just prior to DOUBLE CAST, and remove those from caststack and add precasts for those too. This fixed the problem totally now, because what happens is Ogre waits until that first damage ability is ready to start pre-cast, but now that it does 3 precasts instead of one, by the time it finishes (and casts double up) enough time has passed for the other 7 or so skill to be off cooldown to, so it cycles through very smoothly and quickly.

This made a very significant improvement to my DPS.... as with a dummy before the fix, on a 5 minute fight I was getting 860k-910k... once I fixed this and got it running smoothly, I am getting a far more consistent 965k-985k dps.

I know a lot of people are going to run into issues trying to get the timing of their abilities to what they are used to when using chains, priority and the other previous tabs.... I just hope this helps some get it fixed quicker and with less headache :).
Leo

Postby hand75 » 12 Feb 2014, 10:55

I have an issue with my Necro, he never cast Lifeburn, ogre export done.

Any idea?
hand75

Postby Kannkor » 12 Feb 2014, 16:16

hand75 wrote:I have an issue with my Necro, he never cast Lifeburn, ogre export done.

Any idea?

It's an in-game issue. The ability reports as NOT ready unless you are directly targeting the mob.

However, I just patched out (about an hour ago) a work around, so the bot will attempt to use it even when assisting.
Kannkor

Postby 2lazy2click » 12 Feb 2014, 22:49

Issue: Assassin ability "Touch of the Nightshade" is an Assassin's heal. It does not let me assign it as a heal and cast it at a certain health percent like my healer spells do.

wish: Is there any way to get this added as a heal? I had a precast when soloing using Cheap shot to stun the mob then go behind it and hit Touch of the Nightshade.
I would like to know if this is possible.
2lazy2click

Postby Kannkor » 06 Mar 2014, 12:39

Mooshi wrote:Guardian:

Bind Wound - It heals, but also applies a temporary buff in the maintained window. I cast this before every fight. In the Cast Stack, it's showing up as CA/Combat/Heal/NamedCA/PowerHeal. Since this ability cannot be cast in combat, he only one of those five that's valid is Heal. If you can, making this also available as a Buff (with M and ID) will allow the bot to keep the maintained buff active while out of combat.
I'll have to revisit this. Will need something custom for this.

Champion's Interception - I'd use this as a Heal. It applies a damage reduction to the group, among other things. Right now, it's being recognized as self-only. Would be useful to set up as a @Group heal.
Changed. After next patch, and a new export, it should appear as a 'group heal' basically.

Dirge:

Rhythmic Overture - Target is self only, but you have a drop down to select the target. Not sure if this was intentional.
Victorious Concerty - Same thing with the targeting. It automatically casts on the group, regardless of the dirge's current target.
Not sure what you mean here.
If I select them as CA, no target required (since it uses the NPC target).
If I select them as 'Combat' a target is required, and this is intentional, as you can say when your TARGET is in combat, cast this ability.
If I select them as 'Heal' (which would be odd...), no target is available.
It's possible this was changed/fixed from the time you posted to the time I am looking at it now. Feel free to double check.

Items:

Sontalak's Unstable Horn, is a clicky rez. Items don't show Rez as a Type: in the dropdown
At this time, no item rez support.
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 06 Mar 2014, 12:53

Any thoughts?

I'm able to get this to work every time.

To be clear, the alias should be the actual alias on the toon who would be CASTING the ability. Here is how I tested.
On my tank, I made a Dirge alias. So the actual alias looks like this:
*Dirge | For = KannkorDirgeName
Then on my MCP I made a button with:
CastOn...
All
Intercept
*Dirge

On my dirge (who has no *Dirge alias), I press the button, and it works fine.
(In this case, to re-test, need to cancel Intercept, or it won't cast because the buff is already on).
I tested it from the tank's MCP, and it worked fine also.

Also, you can use ${Me.Name} as a parameter, so who ever presses the MCP button, will get the buff. Example:
CastOn..
All
Intercept
${Me.Name}
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 06 Mar 2014, 12:55

2lazy2click wrote:Issue: Assassin ability "Touch of the Nightshade" is an Assassin's heal. It does not let me assign it as a heal and cast it at a certain health percent like my healer spells do.

wish: Is there any way to get this added as a heal? I had a precast when soloing using Cheap shot to stun the mob then go behind it and hit Touch of the Nightshade.
I would like to know if this is possible.

Touch of the Nightshade isn't a heal. It's a nuke, that has a heal/lifetap component to it. The difference is who they are cast on. A nuke requires an NPC target, a heal requires a PC target (or is self/group/raid wide).

At this moment, there is no support for using NPC target heals (lifetaps). This may change in the future, but not on my short term plans.
Kannkor

Postby Albtraum » 13 Mar 2014, 06:20

Can you add it so that the two Beserker spells "Rampage IV" and "Open Wounds" can be selected as Combat. Right now they are listed as CA or Named CA and they don't trigger very often. It's weird also that they have the encounter information on them... they are yellow temp buffs.
Albtraum

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion