Raid set up with resolve in mind

Raid set up with resolve in mind

Postby Kannkor » 30 Apr 2016, 15:37

With the whole... resolve thing, people keep asking me how my raid make up will be changing. The simply answer is, I don't know yet. Eyedea (my raid partner) have been discussing it since it was released, looking at what classes we have available, what we would have to level up, what we don't want to play, and... just over all frustration of everything.

This post is really to serve nothing but my general thoughts about what group make up we *may* be going too.
The goal here, is to use as many of the classes as possible, that we're willing to play. Some just don't make the cut.
Also avoid duplicates as much as possible. In this case we are doubling up on Dirge, Troubador, Coercer, Illusionist, and a mystic. (We want to keep 2 priests per group, so we HAVE to double up a priest some where).

Total 190
Tanks
Guardian 10
Monk 5

Priests
Defiler 5
Mystic 5
Fury 10
Templar 15
Inquisitor 15
Channeler 10
Warden 10

Scouts
Dirge 10
Troubador 10
Ranger 5
Swashbuckler 15
Brigand 10
Beastlord 10

Mages
Warlock 5
Coercer 15
Illusionist 15
Necro 10

Group layout would be (this may not be 100% optimal, but it's the way the groups are set up).

MT (Kannkors):
Guardian
Defiler
Templar
Dirge
Coercer
Swashbuckler

OT (Eyedeas)
Monk
Mystic
Warden
Dirge
Coercer
Ranger

Mage1 (Kannkors)
Troubador
Illusionist
Fury
Channeler
Brigand
Warlock

Mage2 (Eyedeas)
Troubador
Illuionist
Inquisitor
Mystic
Beastlord
Necromancer

This will net us 190 resolve from buffs. Add in 110'ish from gear, closer to 120 if they actually increase t3 ToT raid drops. puts us up over 300 fully geared out.

Resolve we're "missing out on".
5 - Neither one of us are willing to use a crusader at this time.
5 - Not willing to give up my warlock.
5 - Not willing to give up the ranger.
10? - Not willing to run with a single priest. If we did, we could put in a missing class (such as a conjuror, to gain 10. But it wouldn't be 10 if we did the other changes above and used up all the 10 point resolve classes remaining.. anyways).

This means we're changing out 6 toons from our raid set up we used a few days ago.
Mage2 Brigand -> Necromancer
Mage2 Warlock -> Beastlord
MT Warden -> Templar
OT Guardian -> Monk
Mage2 Fury -> Inquisitor
Mage1 Mystic -> Channeler

Unfortunately NONE of these changes mean they can reuse any of their armor (Chain-> Cloth) so that means a full regear of armor is required on all 6.
Kannkor

Re: Raid set up with resolve in mind

Postby Plavok » 06 Oct 2016, 02:12

I have been away a couple of months and am thinking of returning. How did the resolve changes change your thinking? And is scout setup still king for heroic or back to Mage group?

Thx,
Plavok

Edit: removed 'recently' ;)
Plavok

Re: Raid set up with resolve in mind

Postby Kannkor » 06 Oct 2016, 08:55

For heroic, none of this matters.

For raid, everything now stacks... so my post is quite outdated. Using as many +15 classes as possible is a good boost... but unknown if that will matter much with the next xpac, and depending on what you are giving up to get them.
Kannkor

Return to General Discussion