DPS Questions

DPS Questions

Postby GamerMac » 24 Apr 2016, 02:22

Hey Guys..
Been using Ogre for a few weeks.. I started with 1 semi geared toon (ranger)... But a consistent 50mil dps when I play the toon. I am still tweaking him, and I have hit 40mil on trash fights in heroic, but mostly about 20-25mil on named fights.. but not the normal DPS. I started a swash to run in group, his DPS is now closing in on the Ranger who has better gear.

I don't mind doing the work and figuring it out.. kinda what makes it fun. But I am curious.. I think I may messed up Expoited Weakness macro. Is there a way to set it so it only goes off with the text - like when the ACT trigger goes off?
I also read there is a way to remove the stealth ability from Ass's for certain attacks.. Is this needed for rangers or a good idea?
And I won't say I won't ask any more simple questions (simple as in easy and simple minded in the same sentence.. see what I did there..) But is there a way to make sure CA's go off everytime they are available? This actually goes for any class.. I.E. Dagger Storm

I am currently running a 5toon Group
Zerker (Kinda wish I chose Pally)
Defiler
Coercer (which I will probably swap for a dirge, in the non power zones)
Swash
Ranger.
GamerMac

Re: DPS Questions

Postby Cheesy » 24 Apr 2016, 12:06

For ranger, check the "Ranger" tab, make sure the Exploit Weakness option is enabled.

Make sure Exploit weakness is NOT in your cast stack.

Then it will cast when it triggers, and not other times.

For Daggerstorm, it is classes as an AoE, so you'll need to tick the "Enable AE" option in the cast stack for that spell, if you want it to go off even when only 1 target.
Cheesy

Postby GamerMac » 24 Apr 2016, 14:08

OK, Thank you, That is the probelm.. I added EW to the stack.
See these are the tips I am missing, because I wouldn't have known that without asking.
GamerMac

Postby Cheesy » 25 Apr 2016, 05:35

I'd recommend joining the IRC channel on a regular basis if new and/or looking for tips. Can gain a fair bit of knowledge in there, and more chance of responses. (Bear in mind people often answer delayed).
Cheesy

Postby GamerMac » 26 Apr 2016, 01:06

Is that forums or a chat room?
GamerMac

Postby Anunnaki » 26 Apr 2016, 02:33

It's a chat room. Go out to the main board index and click that thing that says "Support via IRC" and it'll open it up in your browser.
Anunnaki

Return to General Discussion