Ogre primary site down - now restored.

Ogre primary site down - now restored.

Postby Kannkor » 02 Feb 2016, 16:30

The primary site (wiki/forums/authentication/payments) were all down due to the datacenter going down. In short, a power failure which lead to their AC breaking which lead to over heating problems, which ended at about 32 hours of downtime.

Anyone who was running an ISXOgre from the last 2 months would have had nearly no impact at all. It would fail to connect (took 30s-60s), then would flip over and connect on the secondary auth. The impact was a delay of the 30-60s for ISXOgre to load.

Anyone who was running an older version of ISXOgre, may have had to download the newer one manually so it would probably connect to the secondary auth. Friendly reminder to watch your console every once in a while to make sure ISXOgre is patching properly, and/or probably not a good idea to block ISXOgre from patching... :)

All payments were effected. Only the primary site can process payments. Paypal handles this by setting them as failed and will try to re-send them later. I'll keep an eye on this to make sure they are processed and update the account correctly.

If you have any general questions post them here.
If you have any account specific questions, email me.
Kannkor

Re: Ogre primary site down - now restored.

Postby Kannkor » 03 Feb 2016, 14:23

Shortly after writing that post... the datacenter over heated and they took it back offline.

We're back online now... round 2.

Payments have started to be processed. I contacted paypal to see if they could just send them all in at once instead of waiting for their 'random retry time' and they said no. Could be a few hour wait for it to process any payments.

Same as above, if you have any questions post or email me.
Kannkor

Return to General Discussion