Couple of Newbie Questions...

Couple of Newbie Questions...

Postby Soandso_ » 14 Jan 2016, 14:46

So, I don't know if this is necessarily the correct spot for these questions, but here they are :P
(I did try some searching, but couldn't find any answers)

1. I am running 6 sessions on a single computer using ISBoxer. Everything is working fine, but, for some reason, 3 of the 6 sessions start Ogre just fine, but the other 3 do not. There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme/reason to which do and which don't, other than it is always the same ones. Sessions 1/2/4 do not launch Ogre, while 3/5/6 do launch. This isn't really a huge issue, but just a slight annoyance.

2. Something in either Ogre or ISXEQ2 is constantly turning off my logging (/log command). Is there any way to prevent that in my primary session?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Soandso_

Re: Couple of Newbie Questions...

Postby user01 » 14 Jan 2016, 15:03

Not sure about (1).

For (2) not sure what would be disabling it, but you can add commands in your "load" tab to make sure logging is enabled. Someone suggested this in IRC a while back, can't remember who, but if you add a folder in your log directory named whatever (say folder name = 'foldername') you can add command in load tab "eq2execute /log foldername" and this will turn off logging. For any toons you want logging disabled on, you can leave it at that. For toons that you do want logging on, add another command in load tab "timedcommand 50 eq2execute /log".

This is a hack to make sure logs are enabled/disabled for sure, since eq2 doesnt have a '/log on' and /log off' command.
user01

Postby Soandso_ » 14 Jan 2016, 15:34

Ok, so I had an epiphany and realized that #2 is me being dumb.

I set up a couple of in-game option presets (for performance maximization), and apparently the one I was using on primary did not have "Log Chat Text" checked :| :roll:

Thanks for the info, though!
Soandso_

Postby Kannkor » 14 Jan 2016, 17:30

Little late.. but nothing in Ogre touches your log settings*.

* - Because of tabs like OnLoad and OnZone, *anything* can be added there by the user...
Kannkor

Return to General Discussion