Improvement Requests

Improvement Requests

Postby Mongo » 08 Aug 2015, 03:15

Hi there! Been having a ton of fun with OGRE, really well made product!

I use ogre to supliment my regular play group, sometimes were short a person or two, and the average player is usually a hinderence so we will bring a long one or two characters run by Ogre. One thing that has been an issue is the assist options are a bit slim. It would be nice if there was an option to make it so that the bots will assist lower priority people on the assist list if the high priority assist is out of a certain range or not in combat.

There is also some buggy stuff going on right now where if the main assist targets something that someone else is fighting the ogres will start attacking, even though the main assist is out of combat.

Only other major request at this point would be for a clearer guide to setting up the control functionality so I can easily change settings on the bots. I'm running 3 accounts on the same machine right now.

Thanks for the great product and support!
Mongo

Re: Improvement Requests

Postby user01 » 08 Aug 2015, 06:23

Hello, you can use the assist command to set who your group will be assisting on the fly. Easiest way would be to create an MCP button with ${Me.Name} as the person to assist, that way you can hit it on whichever character you want your others to assist.

Regarding attacking others - that's something you learn to live with as an ogre user, don't target attackable NPCs that you don't intend to kill :D
user01

Postby Eyedea » 08 Aug 2015, 08:05

You can find a lot of valuable info by going over the links on this page https://eq2.ogregaming.com/wiki/index.p ... e#Ogre_Bot

user01 wrote:Regarding attacking others - that's something you learn to live with as an ogre user, don't target attackable NPCs that you don't intend to kill :D

You can set the threshold for when people will attack in the set up tab [% NPC HP to attack] there is also an option for pets. You'll also have to make sure that [Ignore NPC HP (100%)] is unchecked on the settings tab to avoid attacking when targeting NPC's.
Eyedea

Postby user01 » 08 Aug 2015, 09:18

Yeah that works if no one is fighting the mob, but it sounded like OP meant that another group was fighting X mob, if tank targets X mob, ogre will attack it. Setting thresholds won't fix that.
user01

Postby Eyedea » 08 Aug 2015, 09:55

user01 wrote:Yeah that works if no one is fighting the mob, but it sounded like OP meant that another group was fighting X mob, if tank targets X mob, ogre will attack it. Setting thresholds won't fix that.

That is exactly how it works, if they're assisting the MA who targets a mob that somebody else is fighting and the NPC's health is below X % they will engage. So if the MA is targeting said mob with 85% health and the threshold is set at 85 they would engage if threshold was set at 80 nothing would happen.

Go grab a heroic dummy and while not grouped have one toon start auto attacking, set the threshold to something like 70% on another toon and target it. Watch what happens when it reaches 70%... only catch is if encounter is locked, pretty sure they'd still turn on auto attack going into combat but would be unable to attack the dummy.
Eyedea

Postby Mongo » 08 Aug 2015, 18:43

I would think there would be a check to see if the MA is in combat or not before assisting, this would prevent random attacks. Should be a simple check.
Mongo

Postby user01 » 08 Aug 2015, 18:54

Eyedea wrote:
user01 wrote:Yeah that works if no one is fighting the mob, but it sounded like OP meant that another group was fighting X mob, if tank targets X mob, ogre will attack it. Setting thresholds won't fix that.

That is exactly how it works, if they're assisting the MA who targets a mob that somebody else is fighting and the NPC's health is below X % they will engage. So if the MA is targeting said mob with 85% health and the threshold is set at 85 they would engage if threshold was set at 80 nothing would happen.

Go grab a heroic dummy and while not grouped have one toon start auto attacking, set the threshold to something like 70% on another toon and target it. Watch what happens when it reaches 70%... only catch is if encounter is locked, pretty sure they'd still turn on auto attack going into combat but would be unable to attack the dummy.

Yes I know that's how it works, but that mob could be at any percent, it could be at 30%. It could be at 5%. 99% of the time you're wanna want your peeps to start attacking at 97 or 99 or something quite near to 100, it's not reasonable to set your thresholds based on the possibility that at some point you may target a mob someone else is fighting and itll be awkward when you accidentally kill it for them.
user01

Postby Eyedea » 09 Aug 2015, 08:29

Mongo wrote:I would think there would be a check to see if the MA is in combat or not before assisting, this would prevent random attacks. Should be a simple check.

feature requests are made on the forge. I'm interested in why/where this would be of value? Ive been using ISXOgre for quite some time (4yrs?) and have never ran into a situation where this is needed...
Eyedea

Postby Mongo » 10 Aug 2015, 03:54

I just find it valuable to have my OGRE characters not randomly start attacking other peoples stuff as I run by just because I targeted it to look.

I got everything else working so far, thanks for all the suggestions etc. MCP is amazing.

I have one thing I can't figure out how to do but would love to. Sometimes I clear an area, or come to one with a lot of resource nodes, would love to hit a button in MCP and have everyone scatter to different nodes and start harvesting. Wouldnt be a proper harvest bot, just trying to be efficient. I know this might take a custom script but thought I'd ask first.
Mongo

Return to General Discussion