problem with Ogremcp and uplink

problem with Ogremcp and uplink

Postby easy_tiger » 11 Jul 2015, 09:44

Hello, I just installed ogre on my laptop, so I can control an extra character. There seems to be a problem with uplink either not relaying commands, or it taking a lot of time before the command goes to the 2nd computer, is this an issue thta anyone has experienced before? if so any ideas on how to fix it?
easy_tiger

Re: problem with Ogremcp and uplink

Postby Kannkor » 11 Jul 2015, 09:58

easy_tiger wrote:Hello, I just installed ogre on my laptop, so I can control an extra character. There seems to be a problem with uplink either not relaying commands, or it taking a lot of time before the command goes to the 2nd computer, is this an issue thta anyone has experienced before? if so any ideas on how to fix it?

Those would be two extremely different issues.
To test I would use something obvious, like Jump. That way it's pretty clear if a toon reacted or not.

Then you can narrow down which of the two it is.

The connecting is all handled by Innerspace itself. https://eq2.ogregaming.com/wiki/index.p ... sViaUplink

If you have a delay in MCP buttons, there are two things to keep in mind.
Many MCP buttons "queue" their commands. Meaning they won't happen until the toon is done casting an ability.
This information is passed through your network. So if there is a delay... You know, I don't think I've heard of anyone having a delay before... But I'd have to guess you could have some kind of odd network problem that could delay packets... a lot..?
Kannkor

Postby fireopal » 11 Jul 2015, 10:00

Are you dealing with the laptop by itself or in addition to your computer? If it's a second computer it might not be connected
fireopal

Postby easy_tiger » 11 Jul 2015, 10:14

there are 2 computers and the uplink is active. After I posted I was playing around with it, sometimes the command goes through, sometimes it goes through 10 seconds later, sometimes there was nothing. everytime I checked on the uplink it was active! and I have been using the stop / lets go commands to test
easy_tiger

Postby easy_tiger » 13 Jul 2015, 02:49

do I have to have isxim insalled for mcp to work over two computers properly?
easy_tiger

Postby Kannkor » 13 Jul 2015, 20:26

easy_tiger wrote:do I have to have isxim insalled for mcp to work over two computers properly?

No.

Doing lets go/hold up are not good ones to test on.

Use Pause/Resume. I believe those are atomic the entire way, so it should be as close to instant as you're going to get (plus network time, but we should be talking a few MS).
Kannkor

Return to General Discussion