Mage group

Mage group

Postby Loppy » 02 Jul 2015, 05:00

My melee group has done as much as it can in AoM having cleared all heroic content and having some raid names on farm.

To keep my interest piqued I'm thinking of trying out a mage style group, I was thinking of the following set up:

Pally
Wizard
Troub
Illy
Fury
Inquisitor

Just looking for advice from anyone who runs a similar group and advice on group structure, SK instead of Pally? Lock instead of Wiz? Will it be too squishy to do content? Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.
Loppy

Re: Mage group

Postby Anon » 02 Jul 2015, 08:55

I've always played SK, but I typically see more ppl going with Pally.

I would prefer

Pally (If you must)
Fury
Warlock
Troub
Illy
Defiler

The inq really does nothing for the group cept the reactives, which doesn't work on all dmg in AoM. The defiler you can put rare MC V gear on and can do almost all Heroic content. The fury can dps heal and the warlocks are doing more dmg, even single target.
Anon

Postby Loppy » 02 Jul 2015, 09:03

Ahh thanks for the reply Anon.

The two things I was worrying about was enough heals and enough dps, bringing in a defiler would certainly sort out the heals!
Loppy

Postby Eyedea » 02 Jul 2015, 15:50

I do not like crusaders, but that is just a personal preference. Wizards are a PITA to bot, a lock would be better suited and be less of a headache. Here is what I would run, if its just heroic content you are after. Also just an FYI, scouts are much easier and more botish friendly.

Crusader
Troub
Illy
Lock
Fury
Mystic
Eyedea

Postby Loppy » 18 Jul 2015, 08:20

Not sure if anyone cares but my mage team is up and running. The team consists of:

Pally
Warlock
Illy
Troub
Fury
Defiler

All 4x green gemmed and have been running instances for a week or so. First thoughts is the DPS is appallingly bad and the tank seems squishy despite the defiler doing a fantastic job. I desperately miss a dirge for rezzes (I've been pally rezzing) and confront fear.

Usually the parse looks like:
Lock 3 to 4m
Illy 2.5m
Troub 2.5m
Pally 1m
Fury >1m
Defiler >0.5m

I've sussed that casters, unlike melee, have to stand still but even so I was hoping for a higher parse. I've come to the conclusion that you can't beat a melee group for that immediate damage burst and caster groups need a longer fight to get into their stride.

I will persevere with it and try to get the DPS up though. Its certainly given the game a new dimension instead of the same old grind which was becoming too monotonous.
Loppy

Return to General Discussion