Low DPS

Re: Low DPS

Postby easy_tiger » 28 Jun 2015, 15:12

Kannkor wrote:
easy_tiger wrote:I am not expecting amazing things from the parse, was just hoping I could get from 6.5 to 10 million for the whole grp

hehe... Not expecting amazing things.. but you're hoping for a 50% increase in damage :P

I don't know about you.. but if I could increase my damage by 50% without changing any gear, I'd like that too!

I asked here because from what i have read I am underperforming with the gear I have, and was hoping for some pointers as to what i was doing wrong, if anything! it just seems with the gear I have I should be able to kill the first boss in high keep, which i can't as the fight takes too long
easy_tiger

Postby Anon » 29 Jun 2015, 14:40

When the thing about gear is correct, decent profiles are still neded.

The thing no one seems to talk about explicitly is this:

Profiles can drive 50% (give or take) more dps w/o changing gear (it is unlikely imo, but could happen). The issue with not being able to just download a 'decent' profile is ... complicated.

Saha does post decent profiles (and thank you! I too have used them and as a base, also your assistance in chat is appreciated), but ... what I've learned is, Saha's play style and group make up is not the same as the next person's.

Profiles are typically made in one of two ways: As a solo profile, or as a member of a group, in both cases the profile at the time of download, unless you have the exact same play style and group make up (and Gear), will never be the 'perfect' profile, and sometimes even causing you to do less dps. DPS is not the goal, it's the medium of which to ride to success! You can build a group to heal until the mob is dead, but I get it, efficiency to do moar!

Another problem with profiles, as you've talked about your dirge, I've never seen a good dirge profile, I would love someone to chime in and confess, they play a bot group to gear our their dirge. I do as everyone else does, 'Well it's doing good enough, back to my gear grind'. The dirge has so many IF THEN and ways to set up it seems futile.

Boils down to this: Any profile is only as good as the knowledge and experience a botter has at that class.

This is what drives people to edit, craft, re-craft, play, edit on the fly, and re-edit, change AA's and group make up, the profile. After all of this and dodging guildies and groups to hone in these efforts, people tend to not want to just give it away.

I created another post recently one asking about building a SK profile, Kannkor is the only one that has commented on it, other than that no one wants to contribute to a community profile, why should I want to contribute to a community not willing to help itself?
Anon

Postby Tantroth » 30 Jun 2015, 09:32

Anon wrote:
When the thing about gear is correct, decent profiles are still neded.

I created another post recently one asking about building a SK profile, Kannkor is the only one that has commented on it, other than that no one wants to contribute to a community profile, why should I want to contribute to a community not willing to help itself?

I looked at your thread about it, however if I remember correctly all the stuff you were asking about I do manually on my SK. I'm sorry I didn't respond to it, but since I haven't had any need to automate those items I didn't feel I had much to contribute.
Tantroth

Postby Anon » 30 Jun 2015, 13:21

So, I was asking in general range or hp you'd cast them, manual or otherwise; I'm not butt hurt about it, more of just pointing out the reasons behind the lack of profiles is the lack of contribution. I cast them manually as well, but I am debating (testing) setting the values really low as a safety net.
Anon

Previous

Return to General Discussion