Low DPS

Low DPS

Postby easy_tiger » 28 Jun 2015, 13:42

Hello, I recently got back into eq2 and ogre, after a break of around 3 years. I have a team that i have gotten up to lvl 100 but am having serious problems kicking out any sort of dps.
My group is a monk, dirge, ranger, coercer, mystic and inquisitor. I have been using the most up to date profiles on the website (adding in the new abilities). I have a mixture of mastercrafted and fabled lvl 98-100 gear fully gemmed, but my ranger is struggling at around 2.5 million dps, with the tank/coercer/dirge at around 1 million, it seems incredibaly low compared to what i believe I should be doing..... any tips on how I can gerarmy team up and or improve my output?

thanks for reading, any and all help is appreciated!
easy_tiger

Re: Low DPS

Postby easy_tiger » 28 Jun 2015, 13:44

just to add I can just about complete the 2 dino heroics
easy_tiger

Postby Kannkor » 28 Jun 2015, 13:58

easy_tiger wrote:Hello, I recently got back into eq2 and ogre, after a break of around 3 years. I have a team that i have gotten up to lvl 100 but am having serious problems kicking out any sort of dps.
My group is a monk, dirge, ranger, coercer, mystic and inquisitor. I have been using the most up to date profiles on the website (adding in the new abilities). I have a mixture of mastercrafted and fabled lvl 98-100 gear fully gemmed, but my ranger is struggling at around 2.5 million dps, with the tank/coercer/dirge at around 1 million, it seems incredibaly low compared to what i believe I should be doing..... any tips on how I can gerarmy team up and or improve my output?

thanks for reading, any and all help is appreciated!

Why do you believe they should be doing something more?
You're using mastercrafted and fabled gear that isn't level 100 (since you specifically listed 98-100).

If you're comparing it to any parses you've seen, you should just stop right there.. you're comparing to people who have been doing the same content for 7 months now. They have every single piece of gear available. There are a few "higher end" pieces, or "takes time to farm" pieces, that make a HUGE difference in DPS.

I feel like I say this every few days, but the #1 thing to parsing, is having gear.
Kannkor

Postby DiBi » 28 Jun 2015, 14:27

Well it is so. I've started this xpac a week ago with 13 mil dps groupwise in somewhere decent ToV gear. Now I'm at 24 mil, not yet fully feared 4/4 green or red.

When the thing about gear is correct, decent profiles are still neded. Recently I found out that my dirge isn't casting requiem and some other temp. It was like a +4 mil dmg to parse. But besides that, gear is a driver. When I say gear it also means all types of adorns, food, hemotoxin and so on.
DiBi

Postby easy_tiger » 28 Jun 2015, 14:37

I am not expecting amazing things from the parse, was just hoping I could get from 6.5 to 10 million for the whole grp....... The content I am bale to do doesn't seem to give me any upgrades
easy_tiger

Postby Saha » 28 Jun 2015, 14:39

Get all your chars set up with white adorns/purples as you can afford them, they don't seem like much, but you gain quite a bit.
Saha

Postby easy_tiger » 28 Jun 2015, 14:43

Saha wrote:Get all your chars set up with white adorns/purples as you can afford them, they don't seem like much, but you gain quite a bit.

Thanks mate, I have done this, I have 7 purple gems on armor, and one on each weapon. I am fully gemmed and reforged to what i believe is the best, have used pretty much he whole weekend tweaking my chars
easy_tiger

Postby DiBi » 28 Jun 2015, 14:47

Btw buy these fabled weapons ("caisson" on brok). Its like BiS for non-raiders (basides ethereals ofc).
DiBi

Postby easy_tiger » 28 Jun 2015, 14:57

Saha I am actually using your coercer and Mystic routines!
easy_tiger

Postby Kannkor » 28 Jun 2015, 15:00

easy_tiger wrote:I am not expecting amazing things from the parse, was just hoping I could get from 6.5 to 10 million for the whole grp

hehe... Not expecting amazing things.. but you're hoping for a 50% increase in damage :P

I don't know about you.. but if I could increase my damage by 50% without changing any gear, I'd like that too!
Kannkor

Next

Return to General Discussion