SK Tank Saves / Heals (Profile Discussion)

SK Tank Saves / Heals (Profile Discussion)

Postby Anon » 26 Jun 2015, 14:44

I typically play my tank while botting the reset of the group so I've been lazy with the (tank) profiles. I've seen a request for SK, and I'm not content with the profiles available.

I would like to have a discussion on what thresh holds for various different abilities per tank. I'll start off with Shadowknight and if I get good feedback I'll post the profile and open another discussion for zerker next. Priority given to tanking, maintaining as much DPS as possible.

What health thresh holds should these be applied for?
Which if any, should be NamedCA only?
Did I over look anything you can think of?

These are my general thoughts on ranges.

ShadowKnights:
Diamond Flesh (useless) - not spec'd
Shadowknight's Furor | 20-30%
Divine Aura | 40-50%
Harmtouch (spec'd for heal) | 55-65%
Tap Veins | 20-40%
Devour Vitae (Class spec'd AE) | 75-80%
Hateful Respite (if used as a damage soak) | 15-20% (some would use as an aggro tool, or a DP)
Blood Siphon | 60-80%
Crusader's Faith | 80-90%

Legionnaire's Conviction - while it does reduce magic dmg, I prefer to leave this out of the cast stack as it is better used on a per case basis, typically a reaction to a spell cast, and often used in conjunction with Chaos Blade. I would suggest setting it up as a MCP button.

Recently I've changed my spec to a hybrid prestige having both Chaos Blade and Death March reset Sac.
Anon

Re: SK Tank Saves / Heals (Profile Discussion)

Postby Kannkor » 26 Jun 2015, 14:56

The problem with going 'full auto' on a tank, is usually you want to cast your defensive abilities BEFORE something happens, or before you take that big hit, not after.

By the time you get to 15-30%, you've probably taken 99% of the damage you will take for 20-120s until the next dt/ae/whatever you want to call it.

Unfortunately I don't really have anything to add.. other than that's why I have the bot handle CAs for my tank, and MCP all defensive/rescues etc.
Kannkor

Postby Anon » 26 Jun 2015, 15:00

In general, MCP button will take priority OVER the cast stack?

I know you have priorities set up for Come2Me over Jst-In ...
Anon

Postby Kannkor » 26 Jun 2015, 15:17

Anon wrote:In general, MCP button will take priority OVER the cast stack?

I know you have priorities set up for Come2Me over Jst-In ...

There isn't really any "priorities". What happens is, the bot has a regular routine it follows. Any time you "inject" something into the bot, it will always do the injections "next".

When referring to abilities/casting, that means when it is done casting, and it "loops" back around (which is between every single ability).

Same idea with Come2Me. It basically "pauses" movement to handle the injection request.
Kannkor

Postby Anon » 26 Jun 2015, 15:43

the IRC chat is great, and typically Kannkor is in the channel, here is some follow up conversation. I would still ask for others to post 'Rules of thumb' for when if they were not going to cast the saves themselves, what threshholds they would prefer.
(CR LF) = carriage return line feed - basically 'the next line'

<ISXNewb_27>: @kannkor thanks for the discussion, in the MCP if I create a button with a list of SK saves, such as SK's Furvor (CR LF) Divine Aura (CR LF) Harmtouch - What would happen if I hit the button once, assuming no CDs?
<Kannkor>: It would cast them in order
<ISXNewb_27>: all three with a single button push? like a macro?
<Kannkor>: If you set up a castx3 button, yes.
<Kannkor>: It basically feeds them into the bot, and it processes the queue of them in order
<ISXNewb_27>: is there a way to set it up so when I push it SK's Furvor goes off, if it is on CD then Divine Aura goes off ? - Do you have this documented somewhere I can read about it? I recall looking at the default BDance button you have set up
<ISXNewb_27>: that use case lends its self to a raid with multiple groups with bards, where you want all of them to cast it
<Kannkor>: No
<ISXNewb_27>: So the options are castx3 button, where it would cast one after the other OR a button for each
<ISXNewb_27>: no if then logic
<Kannkor>: I'm not sure what you mean.. but "Cast.." will cast 1 ability. There are other options for things like: "Cast..x2" and "Cast..x4" etc. You can also make your own custom button based off of these.
<Kannkor>: They feed all the abilities in to the bot to cast.
<Kannkor>: But there is no logic involved other than "if I have that ability, and it's available" it casts it
Anon

Return to General Discussion