Getting the most out of your crew?

Getting the most out of your crew?

Postby scroticus » 15 May 2015, 16:46

Where are are the Ogre parse pros at? I find myself looking for some tips and tricks to get the most out of my crew, because....well I can tell my crew is capable of doing more, but I'm just not seeing how to get there. I know many of us that use ogre are somewhat protective of what our crews are capable of but even just a few things might make a huge difference for others. So....if there is anybody out there capable of writing a general (or even a very specific) synopsis of gear, casting order, group setup I for one would very much love to see it. Here's what I'm working with just so folks can get a general idea (this isn't my only group...just the one that i'm working on the most right now).

CHH RAID TRASH
(17:29) a Shralok emissary: 29562057 Illy-Temporal Mimicry-11693707
SK | 8774 | 77 | Not terribad considering also tanking so not fully tweaked out for dps (was at almost 11 mil in the middle of the fight)
Swash | 8712 | 0 | Still disgusted by a swash doing 8.7mil but it's improving from where it started (was at almost 12 mil in the middle of the fight)
Dirge | 5229 | 11 | Fucking pathetic, considering i've never seen it parse like this before (I hate this toon...and have no fucking clue how to make it any better)
Illy | 4180 | 1 | Fucking pathetic (even worse considering the illy my SK raids with parses 10 mil plus when we run our crews together)
Fury | 1518 | 41 | WILDLY disappointing (I raid with a fury that parses 10 mil with ease and STILL solo heals our mage group)
Mystic | 1149 | 147 | Actually dig this toon (it doesn't seem to dps worth a shit but i've clocked its HPS at over 500k fighting zebrun the torso)

My SK is what I raid on (we don't allow bots in raid /cry), lately i've been running the dirge in the raid force (not much use for 3 tanks this expac) so it has a few nice pieces, but mostly partially gemmed green gear. The swash is mostly gemmed green gear with some nice weapons. Illy, fury, and mystic are in the same boat as the swash. I think what would help my group the most would be having someone have a look at my cast stack on all my toons and telling me where I've got them all fucked up, or at least having something to compare to (IE: this dude parses like a shiny golden god and his shit is set up like xxxxxx, how is mine different?).

Anybody got any "how to" guides (obviously not referencing positioning/camp spots/etc), "best" gear choice lists, or "cast stack best practices" they'd be willing to share?
scroticus

Re: Getting the most out of your crew?

Postby Achirin » 16 May 2015, 12:48

I just posted my parse in the Training Dummy parse thread. I could use some advice as well if there's anyone willing. I feel like my ranger is really lacking, on occasion my coercer beats him on the parse. Normally the ranger, coercer, and dirge are all pretty close. Usually in the 3 mil to 4 mil range single target, 5 mil to 7 mil for AE. I've been using Pot/Amod for my ranger, and bounce back and forth between caustic and hemotoxin poisons. Not really noticing a huge difference between either.
Achirin

Postby Cheesy » 18 May 2015, 04:43

scroticus wrote:CHH RAID TRASH
SK | 8774 | 77 | - Bare in mind if your SK is full dps mode, your healers are having to deal with the extra healing and lose their dps.
Swash | 8712 | 0 | Tried Kannkors profile on forums? Or compared to it at very least.
Dirge | 5229 | 11 | Spec it for full auto attack damage, full WDB gear etc, and just let it parse for itself that way. Cast stack is meh on dirge.
Illy | 4180 | 1 | Pretty low, consider looking at some Profiles posted (Even older ones) for ideas.
Fury | 1518 | 41 | See point on SK. Make sure it isn't overhealing for the sake of it.
Mystic | 1149 | 147 | Mystic should be carrying the group heals, and dps secondary.

See above for some things.

Make sure you have group proc wrists, group adorns (Winds/Truespirits). Make sure fully adorned, reforged efficiently etc. Makes a huge difference.
Cheesy

Postby scroticus » 21 May 2015, 19:59

Cheesy wrote:
scroticus wrote:CHH RAID TRASH
SK | 8774 | 77 | - Bare in mind if your SK is full dps mode, your healers are having to deal with the extra healing and lose their dps.
Swash | 8712 | 0 | Tried Kannkors profile on forums? Or compared to it at very least.
Dirge | 5229 | 11 | Spec it for full auto attack damage, full WDB gear etc, and just let it parse for itself that way. Cast stack is meh on dirge.
Illy | 4180 | 1 | Pretty low, consider looking at some Profiles posted (Even older ones) for ideas.
Fury | 1518 | 41 | See point on SK. Make sure it isn't overhealing for the sake of it.
Mystic | 1149 | 147 | Mystic should be carrying the group heals, and dps secondary.

See above for some things.

Make sure you have group proc wrists, group adorns (Winds/Truespirits). Make sure fully adorned, reforged efficiently etc. Makes a huge difference.

Good points, i've definitely got room for reforging (on everything but the SK...depending on the mobs/zone i've actualy had my SK out heal my mystic 0_o while he was in full dps and even in full turtle). All my profiles are tweaked for my group based on a kannkor profile. My illy is improving (particularly with reforging/adorning/etc) but still disappointing. My fury really pisses me off...the highest i've seen it heal is 170k HPS or so (mystic died for some reason), and most of the time it seems like it isn't doing shit other than failing at fury dps (we all know a fury can dps...i'm still trying to figure out how the fuck they do it). the dirge is some what of a puzzle to me....i basically had our MT dirge tell me how to spec and give me a general cast order (some of which i swapped around in his cast stack), but I have no real idea what a full auto attack spec looks like. Anybody got a beetny for full auto spec?
scroticus

Postby Sarah » 21 May 2015, 20:53

Your group set up is a little bit odd. fury does nothing for the swash.

Why not betray the fury to warden to buff your swash? Illy is still fine for a scout group, especially if you don't have hate issues and don't need the transfer coercer gives.
Sarah

Postby scroticus » 22 May 2015, 00:08

Sarah wrote:Your group set up is a little bit odd. fury does nothing for the swash.

Why not betray the fury to warden to buff your swash? Illy is still fine for a scout group, especially if you don't have hate issues and don't need the transfer coercer gives.

The fury is odd, i admit. The idea with the fury was nukes (fury nukes are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head that double cast) and patch heals (healers befuddle the shit out of me...I have no idea how they work and i just dont get the weird little fuckers). My understanding of the fury as a class is that a significant portion of it's healing ability can come from doing damage and i figured...hey....do some damage, have a second healer (i prefer HoTs to reactives, but i may consider putting an inq or my templar in the group instead if someone can explain why/how they would be better in my current set up), what could be better amiright? Mostly the fury is a place holder because the templar pissed me off, and because i seem to need a second healer to 1 group certain raid mobs (i'm looking at you zebrun.....you legless fucker).
scroticus

Postby Cheesy » 22 May 2015, 15:13

Just betray Fury to Warden, it'll give more healing when needed, and if specced right will dps well still too
Cheesy

Postby Achirin » 06 Jun 2015, 17:45

I feel like I'm missing something with Auto-attack timing. I notice my ranger and dirge consistantly cast abilities right before the auto-attack goes off, sometimes even using slow casting abilities. I tried both the auto-attack timing, and wait for auto-attack buttons (used different combinations both checked, 1 checked other unchecked) and still notice it happening. I feel like this is part of the reason my ranger parses poorly. Any advice?
Achirin

Postby scroticus » 18 Jun 2015, 03:30

so, I've been talking to one of the best min/max players i've ever met (I won't use his name, but suffice to say he's known on many servers and many people have tried to recruit him away from our guild), and he's got me seriously considering betraying my illy to coercer. is there any benefit to using one type of chanter vs the other when botting?
scroticus

Postby Saha » 18 Jun 2015, 03:44

If you don't have aggro issues, swapping from illy to coe is retarded.
Saha

Next

Return to General Discussion