Multiple Computer set up

Multiple Computer set up

Postby Achirin » 18 Mar 2015, 14:31

I searched for multiple computer set up and came up with an old one refering to the EQ2Char.inc file. I started out creating that and then found the info that was no longer used as it was an xml. How exactly do I get this set up though?

I entered all my characters in the EQ2Char tab, and I've put the computer names in the uplink info. Then deleted the EQ2char.inc file (I left the xml).

Ogre works on both computers and when I invite characters it will auto-accept group invites and start following. They seem to cast and fight in combat as well so all is good there. However pressing connect and then list ip in the MCP panel still only shows the main computer. Thus using commands such as campspot and setup will not work on the characters on the second computer.

Thanks.
Achirin

Re: Multiple Computer set up

Postby Achirin » 18 Mar 2015, 15:06

I should also add. I have innerspace set up so when I launch my group on my main PC it automatically launches the characters on the second PC. So that portion seems set up correctly.
Achirin

Postby Gorron » 18 Mar 2015, 20:07

double check your incoming port connections are on. Right click innerspace, click configuration, should be listed on the screen that pops up Uplink Networking
Gorron

Postby Achirin » 19 Mar 2015, 00:12

Yes, both computers have incoming connections open in Innerspace.
Achirin

Postby lazycrafter » 19 Mar 2015, 00:27

Make sure the name matches the name of the computer. Mine refuses to connect to each other unless I set the name the same as the computer name. Also make sure a firewall isn't blocking.
lazycrafter

Postby Achirin » 19 Mar 2015, 15:20

lazycrafter wrote:Make sure the name matches the name of the computer. Mine refuses to connect to each other unless I set the name the same as the computer name. Also make sure a firewall isn't blocking.

Name was the problem. I had the name set correctly for innerspace but the name I was using in innerspace was different than the actual computer name. Once I changed the name to be the same on computer and across everything it works great! Thanks.
Achirin

Return to General Discussion