Ogre export question

Ogre export question

Postby scroticus » 15 Mar 2015, 16:46

So...I noticed I was having some trouble with my tank casting a spell that is reset by another spell, and casting it again. I did an export and rebooted ogre and presto, worked like a charm. This got me thinking though....is there a way to have ogre export ALL possible abilities to the Cast Stack so that when there is a need to change AA set ups I don't have to do a fresh export and reboot again?? Or have I overlooked something much simpler? I realize that AA set ups can actually put new things in or take things out of the spell book, but it seems like it should be able to save all those abilities in the cast stack and only add the new ones right?
scroticus

Re: Ogre export question

Postby Kannkor » 15 Mar 2015, 16:51

scroticus wrote:So...I noticed I was having some trouble with my tank casting a spell that is reset by another spell, and casting it again. I did an export and rebooted ogre and presto, worked like a charm. This got me thinking though....is there a way to have ogre export ALL possible abilities to the Cast Stack so that when there is a need to change AA set ups I don't have to do a fresh export and reboot again?? Or have I overlooked something much simpler? I realize that AA set ups can actually put new things in or take things out of the spell book, but it seems like it should be able to save all those abilities in the cast stack and only add the new ones right?

No, the client only knows about the abilities you current have.
The best option you have, is any time you change AA's, run a new export. This will give you the absolute best possible option.
The secondary option, is each of the AA set ups you will use, run an export for. This will save all the abilities from each one. It doesn't delete information, so it is in addition. This can work most of the time, but it simply doesn't work if AA's change abilities. Such as an AA that makes a single target buff a group buff.
Kannkor

Postby scroticus » 15 Mar 2015, 17:46

What about multiple profiles? If I were to run an export for every AA setup, and save as a new profile for each, would it work to switch AA setup and then load up the corresponding profile?
scroticus

Postby scroticus » 16 Mar 2015, 15:25

so the answer to the last question is no...shame thought i was on to something there. That being said, is there anyway to filter the export so that it reads only the "max level" spells much like filtering the spell book?
scroticus

Postby Cheesy » 16 Mar 2015, 18:15

scroticus wrote:so the answer to the last question is no...shame thought i was on to something there. That being said, is there anyway to filter the export so that it reads only the "max level" spells much like filtering the spell book?

When you use export, the bot will always use the highest level of that spell available.

As for previous question, you can swap AA profile multiple times, do export for each one, then if you swap AA specs, it'll use the abilities from the spec (It may require reloading Ogre, but it will work).
Cheesy

Postby lazycrafter » 16 Mar 2015, 19:48

I just export with one build, copy the info for the spell/ca that is in that build and not the others. I then export the other build/s and place the copied info into the final export. now I don't have to export when I change builds, just load that profile into ogre.
lazycrafter

Postby scroticus » 17 Mar 2015, 00:11

lazycrafter wrote:I just export with one build, copy the info for the spell/ca that is in that build and not the others. I then export the other build/s and place the copied info into the final export. now I don't have to export when I change builds, just load that profile into ogre.

This sounds like what I'm looking for. Does the export function save abilities to an editable xml file or something? Theoretically I'm asking if I can have (for example) Grave Sacrament and Chaos Cloud in the same ogre profile so all I have to do is switch AA specs in game (I'd have to add one or the other in the proper place on the cast stack obviously), but this is kind of what i'm after.
scroticus

Return to General Discussion