CB/POT vs WDB Gear

CB/POT vs WDB Gear

Postby hand75 » 30 Dec 2014, 06:43

Hello,

someone could help me to decide the gear for my scouts? What is better for scouts like rangers, CB/POT or WDB gear?

Thank you.
hand75

Re: CB/POT vs WDB Gear

Postby Kannkor » 30 Dec 2014, 09:13

hand75 wrote:Hello,

someone could help me to decide the gear for my scouts? What is better for scouts like rangers, CB/POT or WDB gear?

Thank you.

So far it's all opinion. I haven't seen any 'fair' comparison on which is better. And how it relates to botting vs real players.

For me for scouts, they get wdb gear. This gives them the most "afk" damage possible (IE: auto attacks). Since they always work. Whereas abilities can be range based, etc etc.
Lots of poison users are screaming to go pot/cb to boost their poison. If that's the ONLY reason they are doing it, I think they are incorrect, but I haven't done any tests to prove it (so.. back to just my opinion).

Until I see some reason to change, I'll continue doing what worked, and that is wdb for my scouts.
Kannkor

Postby KamphyChair » 30 Dec 2014, 13:17

Kannkor wrote:

Thank you.

So far it's all opinion. I haven't seen any 'fair' comparison on which is better. And how it relates to botting vs real players.

For me for scouts, they get wdb gear. This gives them the most "afk" damage possible (IE: auto attacks). Since they always work. Whereas abilities can be range based, etc etc.
Lots of poison users are screaming to go pot/cb to boost their poison. If that's the ONLY reason they are doing it, I think they are incorrect, but I haven't done any tests to prove it (so.. back to just my opinion).

Until I see some reason to change, I'll continue doing what worked, and that is wdb for my scouts.

Before, wdb was about on par with pot for preds and maybe brigs. With the boost to poisons and the inclusion of dagger storm, potency has overtaken wdb, for the classes I have tested, that is.

Bards remain in wdb gear though, them abilities are baddddddddddd.

Edit: Plus the "passive dps" revamp in february will likely boost CAs and/or nerf autoattack/poisons, potency would probably see another boost.
KamphyChair

Postby scroticus » 25 Feb 2015, 19:19

Kannkor wrote:

Thank you.

So far it's all opinion. I haven't seen any 'fair' comparison on which is better. And how it relates to [color=#800000]botting vs real players.[/color]

I actually have a question I've been wondering about for a while along those lines since you brought it up. I've used a fair number of user submitted profiles/AA specs that I can only guess they built around botting their "x toon class here". From what, I've noticed so far ogre seems to do (at least as far as dps goes) vastly greater damage if I use their profile, but spec my toon as if I were actually going to play it. I don't understand the disparity here. Gauging from parse numbers some of those users have submitted with their profile/spec set up I would expect to see similar numbers on my toons (all things being equal of course), however, I dont even come close until I spec for actual hands on play (and sometimes exceed the posted parse numbers). Is there something ogre does that lends itself to one spec or another and I just need to be more patient with other user specs? Is it just fine tuning other user's specs for my toons?
scroticus

Postby eclipsed » 02 Mar 2015, 17:26

I have geared my ranger in pure potency/cb. The damage is absolutely superb so far. Poisons are just that good now (specifically hemotoxin, even ranger should use hemo). All the scouts including brig/swash use the same thing in my raid guild and absolutely destroy the parse. Bards for sure however are definitely WDB only.
eclipsed

Return to General Discussion