AOM lag in overland zones

AOM lag in overland zones

Postby tntent » 23 Nov 2014, 20:33

Hello, firstly i would like to say thank you for providing such an amazing tool to allow me to enjoy the game my way.

My issue: in older zones TOV on down i can run my team with perfect frame rate zero lag works like a champ. However when in new AOM overland zones i am unable to function down to 2 frames sometimes 0. Now i am able to run just a single player in the overland zones but the second i get 2 or more in the frame rate drops through the floor. Once i am in an instance though i am good to go frames movement all up to normal standards. Now to prevent lag issues i run my tank at normal graphics so i can see what i need to see and the rest of the crew is in what i like to call lego mode everything reduced to improve performance. I have run a full team in raids in TOV and in overland zones and no issues.

When i go back to TOV after the lag issues i am fine again. Is anyone else suffering from this problem or is this a picnic that i think it is (Problem In Chair Not In Computer)

thank you for your time.
tntent

Re: AOM lag in overland zones

Postby Kannkor » 23 Nov 2014, 20:47

tntent wrote:Hello, firstly i would like to say thank you for providing such an amazing tool to allow me to enjoy the game my way.

My issue: in older zones TOV on down i can run my team with perfect frame rate zero lag works like a champ. However when in new AOM overland zones i am unable to function down to 2 frames sometimes 0. Now i am able to run just a single player in the overland zones but the second i get 2 or more in the frame rate drops through the floor. Once i am in an instance though i am good to go frames movement all up to normal standards. Now to prevent lag issues i run my tank at normal graphics so i can see what i need to see and the rest of the crew is in what i like to call lego mode everything reduced to improve performance. I have run a full team in raids in TOV and in overland zones and no issues.

When i go back to TOV after the lag issues i am fine again. Is anyone else suffering from this problem or is this a picnic that i think it is (Problem In Chair Not In Computer)

thank you for your time.

Many people have found their new zones, especially overland zones to be especially laggy. Which people attest to their new auto generating terrain tool. Which makes sense, as it probably places a LOT more detail than most humans would, because it's automated. Think of it how ogre map auto plots points, vs how often you place one manually. I have no evidence that it is this tool, but when something is different and you get different results...

I'm not really sure what/if anything that can be done about it, other than just a faster CPU to handle the increased load.
Kannkor

Postby tntent » 25 Nov 2014, 00:27

Thank you for the reply it totally makes sense what you said. Based on that what would you recommend that i upgrade on my computer to help me with this?

Current system Intel i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
ram: 12 GB
GPU: GTX 550 Ti

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU!!!!

my current work around is to use the vet call to move my group from zone to zone LOL send one guy out to the new zone and vet call the rest in hehe stealth mode.
tntent

Postby Kannkor » 25 Nov 2014, 14:29

tntent wrote:Thank you for the reply it totally makes sense what you said. Based on that what would you recommend that i upgrade on my computer to help me with this?

Current system Intel i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
ram: 12 GB
GPU: GTX 550 Ti

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU!!!!

my current work around is to use the vet call to move my group from zone to zone LOL send one guy out to the new zone and vet call the rest in hehe stealth mode.

How many you running?

12gb is.. odd. If you're running 6, you're probably running out of memory. 16gb is fine.

I suspect your GPU is a 1gb card. That's where people seem to be having the most issues. People are saying 2gb cards are working much, much better.

I personally haven't been having the issues others are, but I do have a 2gb card.
Kannkor

Postby tntent » 25 Nov 2014, 17:34

Just had some spare ram laying around I will make those changes thank you for the recomendations!!!! like i said if i am in an instance i am running great with all 6. its the new overland zones TOV on down im golden everywhere i go! Thank you again.
tntent

Postby bjcasey » 25 Nov 2014, 21:09

I just upgraded my GTX 650 Ti to a GTX970 and I no longer lose frame rates when entering the new overland zones.
bjcasey

Postby Gorrok » 10 Dec 2014, 16:00

I had the same problem.

I firstly did notice that my 16 gig of memory was getting very close to fully used.
I upgraded to 24 but that seemed to make very little difference.

After chatting with people on IRC chat it turned out several people had the same problem.
I would like to give Mackers credit for coming up with Graphic Card Memory.

I download HWINFO64 and that clearly showed that my Graphic Card memory was at 99%.
I upgraded to a the same as BJCasey - the GTX 970 with 4 gig of memory.

This was a bit of overkill as I suspect that a 2 gig card would have been enough, but a bit of future proofing.
New Card and all my problems went away, still a tall order CPU wise but at least my frame rates stay usable.

Cant wait for INTEL's new CPU's and then hopefully we can me EQ2 fly! :D
Gorrok

Postby shadowmmm » 11 Dec 2014, 02:48

so which version of the GTX970 did you get bjcasey .what brand.
whats is your current setup would be great to see and share

mine:
i7 980x clocked at 4GHZ
24GB DDR3 1600
SSD Vertex 3 Max Iops 128GB
my bottleneck GPU - GTX460 1GB
H100i cpu cooler
X3 Ultra 1000W PSU
P6D58X Premium
shadowmmm

Return to General Discussion