Altar of Malice - Information and Feature Requests

Altar of Malice - Information and Feature Requests

Postby Kannkor » 11 Nov 2014, 14:49

I usually just make 1 big post to start off a new expansion with.

Just some general information, and a place where people can make feature requests quickly. I'll go through and knock out any of the ones that are simple/easy. Then if your feature request isn't completed, you can make an official feature request on the forums/forge.
I do ask before you make any feature requests, please ensure you are using information from LIVE server, not beta. Things change, so lets not waste anyones time with "old" information.
I did not play on beta at all, and have only briefly looked at some of the AAs. If your request is related to an ability, make sure you include the class, and what/where this ability is (AA, etc). Providing a link to the spell would be handy, and giving me a specific description of what it is used for/how you want to use it. Chances are if you need to request it, I don't play that class and have no idea what it does. More information is better!

Also, please check the revision history to make sure it has not been completed already: http://eq2.ogregaming.com/wiki/index.php/RevisionHistory#In_Development_.28Coming_soon.29

Spell Filtering.
SOE added spell filtering. You need to be VERY careful about using this. Ogre relies on some of that information. Let me try to explain what is and is not used.
We have two windows, Spell Effects, and Maintained.
Spell Effects are not used for anything, so go crazy about filtering.
Maintained - Anything you cast yourself, you should NOT filter. The bot needs to know when your spells have cast, what their increments are (if applicable for an increment ability). It also checks to make sure your buffs aren't already cast before casting them.
Generally speaking, procs are fine to filter, unless the bot would use them. For example: Warlock's proc something that gives them a buff that lets them cast Dark Agg. If you filtered this buff, the bot would never see it, and thus never cast it.
Use spell filtering at your own risk. I highly recommend you filter a few, then watch the bot for a while to make sure everything is working fine. I will NOT be troubleshooting spell filtering issues at all.
Kannkor

Re: Altar of Malice - Information and Feature Requests

Postby pz » 11 Nov 2014, 19:37

* Extended chest looting range to 5 meters (up from 2 meters).

Not sure if you need to mod ogre for that, but I got tired of asking in IRC STOP IGNORING ME.
pz

Postby Kannkor » 11 Nov 2014, 23:59

Kannkor wrote:Also, please check the revision history to make sure it has not been completed already: http://eq2.ogregaming.com/wiki/index.php/RevisionHistory#In_Development_.28Coming_soon.29
pz wrote:* Extended chest looting range to 5 meters (up from 2 meters).

Not sure if you need to mod ogre for that, but I got tired of asking in IRC STOP IGNORING ME.

:) I had that change done before the servers were up! Just not patched.
Kannkor

Postby pz » 14 Nov 2014, 17:47

hah thanks, i just wanted to make sure you saw it, wasn't really for me <3
pz

Postby Kannkor » 16 Nov 2014, 09:06

List of things I'm finding that I'll work on when I can...
Swashbuckler new AA: Dagger storm shows up as encounter, should be AE.
Coercer new AA: Unda Arcanus Spiritus - Probably should be listed as an AE
Rumoured: Warlock new AA: Skull Focii doesn't work/cast.
Defiler new AA: Soul Shackle - Gives IE option. Is single target.
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 18 Nov 2014, 14:01

Kannkor wrote:List of things I'm finding that I'll work on when I can...
Swashbuckler new AA: Dagger storm shows up as encounter, should be AE.
Coercer new AA: Unda Arcanus Spiritus - Probably should be listed as an AE
Rumoured: Warlock new AA: Skull Focii doesn't work/cast.
Defiler new AA: Soul Shackle - Gives IE option. Is single target.

While I did "fix" these, I can't test while isxeq2 is currently down.
Dagger storm - fixed.
Soul Shackle - fixed.
Unda Arcanus Spiritus - fixed.
Skull Focii - This may need a bit more tweaking. But it should come up as an AE. If you want it as a buff, just mark it as IAE. Do NOT mark it as ID for the buff.
And when you want it to cast the actual AE part, mark it as ID. The only quirk is, the radius is 15m, so if there are no mobs within that range, it probably won't cast at all.
Kannkor

Postby eclipsed » 21 Nov 2014, 12:21

Few things I would like to see :

Zealous smite for Shadowknight marked as a group cure/heal
Chaotic Blade for Shadowknight marked as a group cure/heal

AoE blockers : Ultimately would love a way to see it possible to add something like Bladedance to the cast stack, but specify to only cast if tortoise shell is not active etc... Would be happy with a hud element instead that at least just showed remaining duration of such spells. Just something to help facilitate chaining blockers.

Would love to see the same sort of thing for activated charms as well. For example I have multiple charms like the humming geode in the group. I would like to be able to use it on multiple characters, but be able to specify something like "don't use mine if the buff is already on the group". Just a simple way to set up a basic cast order for these sweet group buffs.
eclipsed

Postby 2lazy2click » 29 Nov 2014, 00:30

ISSUE:
Leaving boxes behind while mass pulling mobs in AoM that leave chest outside of the 5m range.

REQUEST:
Can you tell me the steps to create a box in the MCP that would /summon_Chest. Ogre already opens it when I use that command in game. I just need to have it do that every 30 seconds or so as I am running around. If that's a stupid idea, I understand and I apologize.

But I would find it handy.
2lazy2click

Postby mig4one » 04 Jan 2015, 22:21

Happy New Year to All....

Kannkor as a Feature Request can you add a command to the Ogre MCP that will allow us to pause a group or a particular bot.

Pause Box (X), For whom, etc….

This will prevent script conflicts for those of us that run zones with multiple groups at the same time.

Thank you
mig4one

Postby Stoutalot » 06 Jan 2015, 06:31

What about a mcp button that either:
- brings up some sort of very simple gui that lets you see available set-ups, and click it/one of them to send silently to bots?
or
- set-up button that sets up based on what nameds are within a 30m range radius or something?

Would be a nice to have for my lazy ass..

Cheers
Stoutalot

Next

Return to General Discussion