Auto Target request

Auto Target request

Postby Raster » 21 Apr 2014, 09:43

I understand this is an unsupported function but since you said we could offer suggestions I will do so.

I like the feature that allows you setup an order for the same named mobs base off health but would it be possible to setup the same type of option for distance?

Example:

"A rat" as an actor on the list.

In a large area there could be many groups of rats. Currently lets say there are 5 rats per group.

You have auto target set to pull these rats up to 75 away from you. A group spawns, you target and your pet goes out and pulls the group and kills one before it is in range of you. Then the pet comes back to you with the other 4 from the encounter targeting you.

While the are running back your auto target picks up another group of rats out at distance 75 while the close 4 rats are hitting you and you do nothing since you are targeted on the far group. The close rats did not take any damage yet so the damage level priority will not help.

This is also amplified with the pet settings. As you mentioned in the other thread, all Ogre does is set /pet attack and /pet backoff. Therefore after the first rat is dead and the pet goes into backed off mode it no longer defends you or itself so it sits there while the 4 remaining rats beat you on. I need to check, to see if the default setting in Pet options might be the reason the /pet backoff command is removing the guard me and guard yourself. I normally run the pet with everything turned off but follow;to have better control. Since the backoff command is probably setting things to default I may be able to get around this by setting the pet default options to guardme and guard yourself.

So the distance option for Auto Target would be a nice addition if possible. If not no sweat, just thought I would ask.

Raster
Raster

Return to General Discussion