How to import profiles

How to import profiles

Postby Kannkor » 04 Nov 2014, 03:08

OgreBot can now import any correctly saved profile, directly into the game, into your profile list!

Note: I always recommend you back up your profiles before doing something like this. Just incase something goes wrong, you don't lose them. Your profiles are saved in: Innerspace\Scripts\EQ2OgreBot\Save\

The folder that is used: Innerspace\Scripts\EQ2OgreBot\Save\ProfilesToImport\
For example. All samples will be saved there, and when you download a profile from the forums, or a friend sends you one, you can save it into this folder.

Then click on the admin tab. You will see importing profiles on the right.
AdminTab.PNG

In this example, I currently have 3 profiles already saved. Test, Test2, and asdf. I know, I have amazing profile naming skills. Thank you.

Click on "Refresh List". This will do a scan real time of any available files in that directly. This means if you add one, say right now. You can then go ahead and click Refresh List again, and it would show up, without reloading anything!
AdminTabRefresh.PNG
AdminTabRefresh.PNG (22.82 KiB) Viewed 16782 times

In my sample file, "EQ2Save_Sample_Test File.xml", there are actually two profiles. "MyTest" and "TestTwo".
Select the file you want to import, then hit "Import Profile".
AdminTabProfilesAdded.PNG

You can see, it added the two profiles from the file we imported!

Naming conflicts.
Since many people end up naming their CastStack similar, it can cause naming issues. For example, what would have happened if the Sample would have contained a profile named "Test", since we already had one? Or... if someone was very click happy, and just kept importing the same file over and over.
When a profile already exists with that name, it sees if it can append _# at the end to make a unique profile. It will try up to 99 times ( 1 through 99 ) then probably explode (it will technically just give up and overwrite the base profile name. In this example "Test"). But if you make it to 99 of the exact same profile name, it should probably explode.
For example:
I imported the same file more than once. So I ended up with:
MyTest
MyTest_1
MyTest_2
AdminTabClickHappy.PNG

The console will also tell you what is going on.

[OgreBot]: ImportProfile -> Importing ( EQ2Save_Sample_Test File.xml ).
[OgreBot]: ImportProfile -> Profile ( MyTest ) imported as ( MyTest_3 )
[OgreBot]: ImportProfile -> Profile ( TestTwo ) imported as ( TestTwo_3 )
[OgreBot]: ImportProfile -> Profile(s) from file ( EQ2Save_Sample_Test File.xml ) imported and saved to ( C:/Games/InnerSpace/Scripts/EQ2OgreBot/save/EQ2Save_Mystery.xml )

The fine print:
You need a correctly formatted OgreBot profile for this to work. This means a saved profile, or a single profile using the admin tab. This seems obvious... but you can't just attempt to mash something together in XML and expect it to work.
In theory and in my testing, importing profiles should have NO effect on your current options. For example, I'm on profile "Test", and I unchecked "Move to Area" (but did not save the change), then I imported new profiles, then loaded a profile, the changes made to "Test" would be lost (because you didn't save them).
Kannkor

Re: How to import profiles

Postby Pork » 10 Jan 2019, 11:56

How to Import AA files into EQ2

the File Provided should look something like this -- Necro_Sample.aa --

Place the File in the following File location -- E:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II -- this is my file location yours may differ

Load the Toon you want to have the AAs on...
open the AA window in game via ( L ) etc.

click the Dropdown Top Left of window and choose Load
Choose the aa file you want to load and select an aaa set to save it as

once loaded hit commit to change to that AA profile..
Pork

Return to OgreBot Profiles