Another Patch?

Re: Another Patch?

Postby Zaltex » 20 Nov 2016, 12:47

I don't have the expansion installed and am getting the same error
Zaltex

Postby Kannkor » 22 Nov 2016, 14:18

The problem is macroquest2 is not natively built for Innerspace. It is automatically ported over with their build process. While normally this works fine, some times a bug arises because there are a lot of #if isxeq
#else
(meaning macroquest2)

The maintainer of macroquest2 right now doesn't seem to be interested/concerned with anything isxeq related.
When bugs arise, I post them on the macroquest2 forums, and I try to find a work around until they can be fixed properly.
Some times this is above my skill set, and we have no choice but to wait for them to be fixed properly. This is the case with the face crash (which I have no idea if it's fixed or not, as the bug report was not updated and no comment in the release history).

There are now many, many more errors when compiling, 27 to be exact.

As you can imagine, this is a very busy time for EQ2. I'll spend another couple of hours trying to get EQ1 back up and working, but if it's going to be this much of a nightmare patch after patch with no support, then I will likely just drop EQ1 all together.

I'll update again later if I make any progress.
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 22 Nov 2016, 14:58

I was able to fix some, but was not able to fix them all. I posted them for macroquest 2 maintainer here:
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 48&t=20143

I'm going to google a bit more to see if I can figure out a work around for some of the errors, but at this stage I'm not that hopeful.
Kannkor

Postby xbit » 22 Nov 2016, 18:10

Thanks for trying Kannkor. Maybe when the patch season ends it will get a look at by the maintainer.
xbit

Previous

Return to OgreBot for EverQuest 1