TPL Server

TPL Server

Postby stryker24 » 13 May 2015, 21:10

Is there any information if this will be functional on the TPL server? From my limited understanding as long as the server has the same information as live servers for ISXEQ to function it should correct?
stryker24

Re: TPL Server

Postby Kannkor » 13 May 2015, 21:14

Unfortunately not. There is probably 1% functionality with a TLP. The reason is, this bot was designed around using some information that is only available after ___ expansions. Like the... XTarget window. Without that data, the bot is dead. It may buff actually.. but I would be surprised if it attacked anything at all.

Realistically I don't see myself trying to support any progression servers.
Kannkor

Postby stryker24 » 13 May 2015, 21:32

Gotcha, don't expect you to support it was simply curious.

Follow up question to that, if the information is still being sent to the client but the UI functionality for the player is disabled would the bot still be able to pick up on it?

Appreciate the fast response btw
stryker24

Postby Kannkor » 13 May 2015, 21:40

stryker24 wrote:Gotcha, don't expect you to support it was simply curious.

Follow up question to that, if the information is still being sent to the client but the UI functionality for the player is disabled would the bot still be able to pick up on it?

Appreciate the fast response btw

I don't believe so. Someone tried using the bot on the old Progression server and there were issues. This was quite some time ago.. but I believe it was for this exact same problem of the XTarget window.
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 27 May 2015, 16:06

I keep getting messages about people asking if they can donate to get more functionality on this server.

So... fine! Donate away: kannkor@ogregaming.com and I'll make time to look into it. I have some ideas, but there will more than likely be some restrictions. Off the top of my head, the first major restriction is a 'different' assist method would only work for people who you are controlling.
For example: If you were playing all 6 in a group, it would work.
If you were playing 3, and your friend were playing 3 in the same group, two of yours would need to assist one of yours, and two of his would need to assist one of his. I suspect this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but more than likely a restriction none the less.
Kannkor

Postby user01 » 27 May 2015, 16:55

Kannkor wrote:I keep getting messages about people asking if they can donate to get more functionality on this server.

So... fine! Donate away: kannkor@ogregaming.com and I'll make time to look into it. I have some ideas, but there will more than likely be some restrictions. Off the top of my head, the first major restriction is a 'different' assist method would only work for people who you are controlling.
If you were playing 3, and your friend were playing 3 in the same group, two of yours would need to assist one of yours, and two of his would need to assist one of his. I suspect this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but more than likely a restriction none the less.

Why not just handle it the same way you do with isxogreeq2? have an assist tab where you set a character name/alias to assist.
user01

Postby Kannkor » 27 May 2015, 17:17

user01 wrote:
Kannkor wrote:I keep getting messages about people asking if they can donate to get more functionality on this server.

Why not just handle it the same way you do with isxogreeq2? have an assist tab where you set a character name/alias to assist.

Because you have to actually target the mob to cast anything on them, and if you are targeted on a mob, you can't tell if the "assister" changed targets.
You can just blatantly spam /assist over and over and over, but I'd like to not do that on 6/12/24 toons etc.
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 28 May 2015, 01:57

From a few quick tests, I believe I found an excellent solution that will work properly on both live and TLP servers. Unless I run into issues, it should work properly in groups not entirely composed of your toons like I had initially thought.
The only "requirement" so far, is to have a MainAssist set (which was required prior anyways).

Will report as I continue to develop it. But this is very good news so far.
Kannkor

Postby Kannkor » 28 May 2015, 23:40

Just patched with a version that should work near correctly on TLP.
With one exception I've found so far. On live, it won't loot until no more mobs are aggro (using xtarget window), since no xtarget window, on ragefire, it will loot as soon as it can.
Kannkor

Return to OgreBot for EverQuest 1