EQ1 Force Patches

EQ1 Force Patches

Postby Quigly4000 » 31 Mar 2015, 19:29

Hello,

I was hoping someone could outline how to verify whether a working version of ISXEQ is available or not. If I don't patch for an extended period of time, does it work like EQ2 used to where only the build that ISX was patched for will work but not subsequent "non force patch" builds?

I currently have ISXOgreEQ1 set to auto load when EverQuest loads, but I hadn't patched in over a week and when I load the game I currently get a mismatch version. Is this because the newest version has not been recompiled or because there have been multiple patches since the working version was released and I took too long to patch?

Thanks for the insight!
Quigly4000

Re: EQ1 Force Patches

Postby Kannkor » 31 Mar 2015, 19:40

Quigly4000 wrote:Hello,

I was hoping someone could outline how to verify whether a working version of ISXEQ is available or not. If I don't patch for an extended period of time, does it work like EQ2 used to where only the build that ISX was patched for will work but not subsequent "non force patch" builds?

I currently have ISXOgreEQ1 set to auto load when EverQuest loads, but I hadn't patched in over a week and when I load the game I currently get a mismatch version. Is this because the newest version has not been recompiled or because there have been multiple patches since the working version was released and I took too long to patch?

Thanks for the insight!

It really depends on the person doing the updates. Generally speaking he seems to update for any patch when he can. Once he has an update available, I go compile it and put it on the patcher for everyone to use.
Kannkor

Postby Quigly4000 » 31 Mar 2015, 22:14

Pardon me if I'm dense but I feel like these questions were still unaddressed:

So then is it possible to screw up a working version of ISXEQ by running the EQ patcher and if so, is there a way for me to know that I have done this?

Or does it work like EQ2 does now where every patch requires an update so if i get a mismatch I just need to wait for ISX to update?
Quigly4000

Postby Kannkor » 01 Apr 2015, 09:34

Quigly4000 wrote:Pardon me if I'm dense but I feel like these questions were still unaddressed:

So then is it possible to screw up a working version of ISXEQ by running the EQ patcher and if so, is there a way for me to know that I have done this?

Or does it work like EQ2 does now where every patch requires an update so if i get a mismatch I just need to wait for ISX to update?

Yes, it's possible to screw up a working version of ISXEQ by running the EQ patcher. While it's pretty unlikely, it is possible.

It's pretty much the exact same as how ISXEQ2 works. With a possible exception eq1 sees more non-forced patches than eq2. However, ISXEQ is generally updated for every patch. You're welcome to join my IRC channel ( #ogre ) and I can provide updates there. You can also join #macroquest to see when he updates the source code. Once that is done, then I have to download, merge, compile, and patch it out.
Kannkor

Return to OgreBot for EverQuest 1