OgreEQ1 Testing Feedback

OgreEQ1 Testing Feedback

Postby user01 » 11 Mar 2015, 13:46

Posting this here at Kannkor's request. What I mean by that, is Kannkor has requested that I post my thoughts here instead of IRC, so that he can more easily ignore me :D

Feature Requests:
Many of these are already in-progress as per revision history, just listing them anyways.
    Remove line of sight requirement on heals.
    Combat Movement (including joust-in/joust-out)
    AE flag for abilities in cast stack (same as exists for heals, could even give a #mobs option for all CAs, and just have it default to 1)
    Bard CAs (also, if you disable cast stack, bard won't attack or assist at all. have not yet tested with other classes)
    Threat level filter in cast stack (if threat level > X%, do not cast nukeZ)
    Handling of "The spell would not take hold", currently it'll just recast the buff over and over.
    Automatically rebuff if someone dies (currently only re-casts buffs after they would have originally worn off, based on spell duration)
    Item Clicky Support
    Threat level encounter view (ogreeq2 has a way to view all engaged mobs and who they are targeting, something like that)
    Option to flag whether upgraded abilities automatically replace older ones, or option for all abilities to show in ability list in cast stack.
    Dismiss Upgrade Messages
    Additional MCP Commands (change_campspot_x2/x3, multi-raw_command, full rebuff, etc)
    Cures
    Force ability type (in case it is miscategorized, we could force something to be used as a heal/buff/etc in cast stack - currently I guess we can just edit the ability file?)
    Rezzes
    Crowd Control Support
    Option to disable broadcast

Bugs:
    OgreEQ1 will not attack NPC pets, pretends that toon is out of combat.
    Non-targeted AEs get skipped over in cast stack. Tested with earthquake (cleric) and word of spirit (SK). Targeted AEs work fine.
Last edited by user01 on 01 Jun 2015, 07:58, edited 9 times in total.
user01

Re: OgreEQ1 Testing Feedback

Postby tarbasch » 18 Mar 2015, 23:30

Sounds like were taking the EQ1 discussion from the ISX forums here?

How goes the mezzing for enchanters? /hides
tarbasch

Postby ymmij » 20 Mar 2015, 23:11

I hope so. Amadeus linked us to the forums that no one uses anymore. I am having a blast on Everquest 1, how is everyone else doing?
ymmij

Postby gair » 21 Mar 2015, 12:16

Fun so far.

Really needed something for EQ1. Started a new group, just to learn the ropes on setting up stuff on the MCP mostly.
gair

Postby Kannkor » 21 Mar 2015, 19:03

tarbasch wrote:Sounds like were taking the EQ1 discussion from the ISX forums here?

Yes we are :)

(and I purposefully ignored the other comment you made!!!!)
Kannkor

Postby tarbasch » 22 Mar 2015, 22:53

Kannkor wrote:
tarbasch wrote:Sounds like were taking the EQ1 discussion from the ISX forums here?

Yes we are :)

(and I purposefully ignored the other comment you made!!!!)

The Mezzing one? haha I KNEW IT!!!
I played EQ1 for almost 5 years from when kunark was released, and I have to say "Mez" in EQ1 is maybe the most important spell in any MMO, at least is used to be :)
tarbasch

Postby user01 » 23 Mar 2015, 09:12

Added a new feature request.

Some spell line upgrades are not direct replacements (example: ranger's "Call of ____" line, right now I'm stuck with "Nature's Rebuke" which procs damage vs summoned, instead of the older version "Call of Ice" which procs damage vs everything), so it'd be useful to have some way of manually overriding the replacement.

Edit: Also update regarding bards. Looks like some bard CAs work, some don't. Doesn't seem like any of the untargeted AE CAs work (which would be consistent with other classes), but of the single target CAs, some work some dont. Tuyens chant of ice works, requiem of time does not.
user01

Postby Kannkor » 23 Mar 2015, 10:05

user01 wrote:Added a new feature request.

Some spell line upgrades are not direct replacements (example: ranger's "Call of ____" line, right now I'm stuck with "Nature's Rebuke" which procs damage vs summoned, instead of the older version "Call of Ice" which procs damage vs everything), so it'd be useful to have some way of manually overriding the replacement.

Edit: Also update regarding bards. Looks like some bard CAs work, some don't. Doesn't seem like any of the untargeted AE CAs work (which would be consistent with other classes), but of the single target CAs, some work some dont. Tuyens chant of ice works, requiem of time does not.

Give me the classes, level of spell, and spell names that have stacking issues, and I'll "fix" them in the export. I'd rather not require people to do it on their side, because if you need to do it, everyone needs to do it. But I need exact specific spell names. And as many as possible. It's easier to compare 3 or 4 spells than just 2 to see what is different.
Kannkor

Postby user01 » 23 Mar 2015, 16:39

Kannkor wrote:Give me the classes, level of spell, and spell names that have stacking issues, and I'll "fix" them in the export. I'd rather not require people to do it on their side, because if you need to do it, everyone needs to do it. But I need exact specific spell names. And as many as possible. It's easier to compare 3 or 4 spells than just 2 to see what is different.

This'll have to be a work of progress, but I'll start compiling ones I encounter. It's not all that common, I just notice it happening every once in a while - just leveled 6 toons 1-65 over the course of a couple weeks and I've probably only noticed it half a dozen times or so.

And again, these are definitely in the same line of spells, it just happens that you might have reason to use former versions.

SK "Aura of Pain" lvl 63, "Aura of Hate" lvl 65. Similar abilities, one defensive, one offensive.
Ranger "Call of Ice" lvl 58, "Nature's Rebuke" lvl 64. Similar abilities, one procs cold damage, other does damage to summoned. Worth noting, "Call of Sky" lvl 36, does still show up in list, despite being in the same spell line.
Bard "Call of the Muse" lvl 65, "Echo of the Trusik" lvl 65
Beastlord "Spirit of Sorsha" wont show up on cast stack, it's the most recent warder summon at lvl 64.
Ench Chromatic Percussion / Mindscythe
Last edited by user01 on 25 Apr 2015, 16:16, edited 2 times in total.
user01

Postby user01 » 24 Mar 2015, 09:32

Added item support to OP as a feature request. lots of clickable items that would be nice to automate.
user01

Next

Return to OgreBot for EverQuest 1