EQ1 Bot Timeline question

EQ1 Bot Timeline question

Postby gair » 26 Oct 2014, 14:06

Ogre,

Do you have a general timeline when you might put this out for testing?

I know EQ2 and the coming expansion will take a lot of your time depending on what SOE breaks, and of course, it's the most important focus. So no hard dates, etc....

Thanks!
gair

Re: EQ1 Bot Timeline question

Postby Kannkor » 26 Oct 2014, 14:53

gair wrote:Ogre,

Do you have a general timeline when you might put this out for testing?

I know EQ2 and the coming expansion will take a lot of your time depending on what SOE breaks, and of course, it's the most important focus. So no hard dates, etc....

Thanks!

Overall, the bot works great. There's just a lot missing compared to EQ2's (which is to be expected this early).

I'd say "most" of the spells work, although my few testers keep finding more that I need to tweak, so I do those as I go.

Right now the biggest thing lacking is just a post/walkthrough on setting it up, explaining some things that need to be explained etc. Once I get that done, I'll probably release an ALPHA (meaning it is NOT close to being done), which anyone with an ISXOgre account for EQ2 could use to test it.

Recently, I wanted to get some navigation stuff done, so I did a hack job of the eq2 nav lib I wrote so it would work, but I was not pleased with it at all. So I'm rewriting it from the ground up, and making it non-game specific. Once done I'll implement/test it in eq1, then move it to eq2 (since it isn't game specific, this should make life much easier in the future).

Anyways, long story short, I'll try to get an alpha available before the eq2 xpac, but I'm not sure it'll be ready by then. Once eq2 xpac launches, I'll switch my focus solely there to get anything updated that needs it (I seen a few new trigger abilities, for example), and anything in the heroic that needs coding.
Kannkor

Postby gair » 26 Oct 2014, 18:30

Thanks for the update!

Either before or after, EQ2's xpac, it will be worth the wait. :D
gair

Postby gair » 23 Jan 2015, 19:00

Kannkor,

Any possibility of this getting released soon?
gair

Postby Kannkor » 24 Jan 2015, 16:16

gair wrote:Kannkor,

Any possibility of this getting released soon?

I'll get back to you on this... I keep meaning to recompile it and work on it, but always end up finding more shit that I need to do in eq2.
Kannkor

Postby gair » 24 Jan 2015, 19:01

Thanks Kannkor,

as always, EQ2 comes first. Anything with EQ is a bonus.
gair

Return to OgreBot for EverQuest 1