[Guide] Setting up Ogre Autologin (with ISBoxer)

free(?!) clues!

[Guide] Setting up Ogre Autologin (with ISBoxer)

Postby Saha » 12 Feb 2014, 22:16

Step 1; navigate to your innerspace install directory, the default is
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace

Right click on innerspace.exe and send a shortcut to the desktop.

Step 2; Click the shortcut, hit f2 to rename to Ogre Autologin, right click your shortcut, click the 'shortcut' option across the top, now click on the 'target' textbox. Add
runscript eq2ogrecommon/OgreAutoLogin/AutoLogin

So the target textbox, assuming base install should contain
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" runscript eq2ogrecommon/OgreAutoLogin/AutoLogin

Step 3; Verify you have eq2chars.xml filled out properly.
Log into the game with a character, click Show Main on the ogre miniwindow, then select the EQ2Chars option towards the bottom, add in each character (be sure to fill in all four fields).

Step 4; Now that you have that filled out properly, go back to your desktop and double click on your ogre autologin shortcut. There will be 3 boxes on the left to select your characters. You will want to add one for each IS instance you are loading through isboxer, make sure you don't have multiple characters attempting to log into the same IS instance.
Once you have all of your group filled out, type in a name to use under Save Profile, make it one word, or a word combination with no spaces.
Hit save, and you can now close out the auto login ui.

Step 5; Create your ISBoxer Charset. load up the isboxer toolkit, click wizard, then quick setup wizard.
Select Everquest II as your game, and hit next. On the "Which characters will form this team?" window, Fill in 6 entries, I prefer to not use character names, fill out actual character name (with whatever info) and hit add character to team, repeat this until your group is made up, then hit next.
Choose a name for your team, make it either a single word, or words without spaces, finish by hitting next.
The next step is setting up window layouts, I leave my stuff basic, so if you are doing the same, hit next. If not, hit up the isboxer forums and find a guide for setting up in different ways, hit next.
Up next is cpu strategy, I like to limit my max fps to 35 on both foreground and background, and for cpu strategy, I tend to find 'select all CPUs with every window' works best. finding a good balance is fairly unique to each machine, so you may need to mess around to find optimal settings. Hit next.
Next window is 'How would you like to control the game?' Select bare, and 'show me the advanced options'. remove broadcasting mode, toggle keymaps, ISBoxer GUI, and Video FX, and add in your innerspace console toggle (`). hit finish.
Now go back to isboxer toolkit and confirm the character set was added.
Next click File - Export all to innerspace.
You should receive confirmation, yay!
Now double check by right clicking on your innerspace icon in the system tray, under Games, there should be 'ISBoxer Character Sets' selecting it should show the charset you just created. you can launch it now to make sure it launches all six instances of the game, with whatever layout options you selected. Once you confirm its loading, close them out and move on to the final step.

Step 6; Putting it together. We created an Ogre AutoLogin profile, and an ISBoxer charset, now we need a simple method of loading the charset, then loading the AutoLogin. Open the text editor of your choice and paste in
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" run isboxer -launch "ruthereprimalz"
timeout /t 160
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" runscript eq2ogrecommon/OgreAutoLogin/AutoLogin primalzruthere

'ruthereprimalz' and 'primalzruthere' are obviously filler names, put in whatever names you gave your setups, now save the file, name it something simple, like "Group 1.bat", on the drop down in save dialog, choose 'all files' otherwise you may end up with "Group 1.bat.txt"

Step 7; Watch out for explosions. Go ahead and run your .bat file, do not press any keys or it will prematurely launch the ogre autologin, just let it sit, it should launch all 6 instances, and once the timer runs out it will run the ogre autologin script, which will log your characters in. If you followed the guide correctly, everything should be fine.
Saha

Re: [Guide] Setting up Ogre Autologin (with ISBoxer)

Postby jgarza00 » 21 Feb 2014, 08:03

This is BRILLIANT! :D
jgarza00

Postby sodaPoP » 13 May 2014, 18:53

I REALLY want to make this work for me lol.

I've followed the instructions but all it's doing it launching my 6 instances thru ISBoxer, not logging the toons in.

Can I check one thing, cos I think i'm being dumb. When its all set up as per your instructions, and i double click the Group 1.bat on my desktop, am I supposed to click on anything else, or just wait? I wait for the timer to count down (resisting the urge to "press any key to continue" but no toons log in.

Does the Ogre AutoLogin shortcut just sit on the desktop, or is it suppose to be in the Innerspace folder somewhere?
sodaPoP

Postby Saha » 13 May 2014, 20:17

Sounds like you have something messed up in another file, after you click the .bat, double click your innerspace icon in systray, then open the console there and see what its spitting out when it attempts to log in. you likely have pc name, or something else typed out wrong.
Saha

Postby sodaPoP » 14 May 2014, 16:06

Thank you Saha, you were right, I'd made a stupid type in my Uplink name.

This is bloody brilliant now I corrected my mistake :)
sodaPoP

Postby barokk » 22 May 2014, 20:30

I use autologin all the time, but recently the problem I have is I cannot save a profile. I have done it before, have 7 saved now, and cannot type in the save box. Any ideas?
barokk

Postby jgarza00 » 22 May 2014, 23:53

barokk wrote:I use autologin all the time, but recently the problem I have is I cannot save a profile. I have done it before, have 7 saved now, and cannot type in the save box. Any ideas?

Barokk, I had this happen last year. IRC I found an error in the xml but I can't be sure, it was a long time ago. Try moving it and maybe it will create a new one and you can copy/paste your original 7 saves into it. Hope this helps.
jgarza00

Postby tarbasch » 06 Jun 2014, 06:03

So with Step 6, I have created the my groupone.bat file and edited the names but where do i put it? Also i made it using simple notepad, is this ok?
tarbasch

Postby Saha » 06 Jun 2014, 14:42

Tarb, since you are using the absolute file location, you can save the bat anywhere. and making the file with notepad is fine, as long as the extension is .bat and not .txt.
Saha

Postby tarbasch » 06 Jun 2014, 22:23

It doesn't need to be in the innerspace folder anywhere?, I think Kannkor still has to fix the computer list drop-down thing because mine still only says NULL.
tarbasch

Next

Return to Guides & Strats