HOW TO: Mark and unmark toons

free(?!) clues!

HOW TO: Mark and unmark toons

Postby Kannkor » 26 Feb 2018, 12:20

At the time of writing this, the MCP commands only exist on the development build. The actual OgreConsole exist on live also, you just need to use an OgreConsole button to use them.

With the release of PoP expansion, there are times where we need to select a specific toon to complete various tasks. Generally speaking, when I code these fights, I just pick a class everyone has, such as a bard or enchanter.
HOWEVER, some people like going against the grain and no longer use these classes. I still code these fights to use a bard or enchanter, but I add support for marking a toon, so they will do whatever task the bard or enchanter would have done.
Other times, such as in raid fights, we need to designate someone(s) to do tasks. Some times I'll pick a random person, such as g1 bard. But a lot of times that is a dirge and we may want them available for ressing. So I've coded these fights specifically to just use marked players.

What is a marked toon?
It really is just a character we say is "marked". Marked for what? That depends on what you're doing. There is code for some fights that simply checks to see if that character is marked. And if so, do something, or not do something.

How do I mark a toon?
MCP-> MarkToon
In the 'ForWho' parameter, you can put in the name of a character, or any ForWho alias, such as 'bard'.
If a toons marked status changes, they will report so in OgreConsole. Such as:
Code: Select all
Kannkor --> Marked: TRUE

How do I unmark a toon?
MCP-> UnmarkToon
In the 'ForWho' parameter, you can put in the name of a character, or any ForWho alias, such as 'bard'.
If a toons marked status changes, they will report so in OgreConsole. Such as:
Kannkor --> Marked: FALSE

How do I check if a toon is marked?
MCP-> ToonMarked
They will report so in OgreConsole. Such as:
Kannkor --> Marked: FALSE
primalz --> Marked: TRUE
Kannkor

Re: HOW TO: Mark and unmark toons

Postby litewave » 27 Feb 2018, 10:46

This sounds good, as i often do a mixed group and the bard is often a actual nonboxed player. Being able to designate a alternative toon will come in very handy, thank you.
litewave

Return to Guides & Strats