Ogre Affiliates

free(?!) clues!

Ogre Affiliates

Postby Kannkor » 12 Jan 2018, 00:27

Ogre Affiliates

This is available.

Over the years, people have asked me if they could write scripts and have me release them for them inside of Ogre. My response was generally the same. If someone puts in the effort to make a quality script, I will include it on the patcher and give them credit. Usually at this stage, most people realize how time consuming it is to make a good quality script, and I never hear from them ever again... Until now.
Pork set out on a mission, he wanted to script some quests. I asked what he needed, and of course, his response was flying support to the Navigation system (OgreNavLib). Anyways! Lets fastforward a bit. Any time Ogre needed something Pork required for scripting the quests, I added it, and he kept coding the quests.

He just sent me the a 'beta' release. This includes all 3 PoM faction quests. Him and I have been testing this for a while now, fixing bugs etc.

Now I needed some way of including all of this inside of Ogre, because I think many people will enjoy this collection. That's where I came up with OgreAffiliates. To distinguish between scripts I have written and others, I made a new command to load these.
For all "Ogre" scripts, you use: ogre <name>. Such as: ogre export. Likewise to end an Ogre script, you use: ogre end export.
For any affiliate, you will use: ogrea <name>. Such as: ogre AutoQuest. Likewise to end an affiliate script, you will use: ogrea end AutoQuest.

A little background, I rewrote everything for OgreAffiliates. Including how ogrea <name> and ogrea end <name> work. This was a pretty big task, but turned out amazing. After a bit of testing, I plan to convert all ogre <name> over to the new system.

All files involved in OgreAffiliates will be reviewed by me. The primary things I am looking for are all safety related. Nothing "fishy" going on, like touching or modifying any files. Making sure there are no bad "server calls" (generally speaking when you spam the server like a bot), and things of the like. What I am NOT directly checking for, is the raw functionality of the script. However, I'll provide feedback on things I see that could improve functionality/readability etc.

All support for these files will be handled primarily by the person who wrote them, not me. I'd recommend making a post either on these forums in the General section, or on ISXGames forums under "OgreBot" section, or come to IRC and ask in #Ogre channel.
Kannkor

Re: Ogre Affiliates

Postby Kannkor » 14 Jan 2018, 17:55

ogrea AutoQuest
Author: Pork

Brings up a UI with 3 options, Yzru, Pakiat, and Vahla faction.
Select the one you want to run and hit start. If there are any things it wants you to do prior to starting it, it will tell you (such as having a stack of Otter potions and have them on autoconsume).

It will then complete the entire faction line.

There's a few things to note:
This is a massive, massive task that Pork did. It's something like 120 quests. While it's not "perfect", so you may get stuck, or hung up here and there, you can provide assistance where needed and it will pick back up where it left off.
This is done in Plane of Magic. Which is a public instance. Doing anything AFK can get you in trouble. It is up to you to be responsible.
There is quite a bit of debug/spam messages going to OgreConsole. This is on purpose to help track down bugs. Will/may be removed at a future time.

Known bugs:
Vahla faction - Not for breakfast - doesn't go close enough to the eggs.

If you find a bug, the best bet is to try to contact Pork on IRC so he can ask you for information in real time. If he's not available, post here on the forums with as much information as possible. What quest were you on? What step of the quest, what does the quest say, etc, etc. More information is better.
Kannkor

Return to Guides & Strats