Session disappears when typing 'ogre'

free(?!) clues!

Session disappears when typing 'ogre'

Postby Kannkor » 03 Sep 2017, 22:24

This is primarily caused by having TWO installs of innerspace.

Load 1 session of EQ2, load ISXOgre (if you have it auto load, that is fine, otherwise, ext isxogre). DO NOT TRY TO LOAD OGREBOT (cause it'll disappear.. that's why you're reading this.. right?).

Then type:
Code: Select all
ISXOgre:DebugInfo

It is case sensitive, so just go ahead and copy and paste it, to avoid typos. If you made a typo, nothing will happen. No errors, no messages, nothing.
If you pasted it, or typed it correctly, you'll get some info, here is mine:
Code: Select all
Your install path of innerspace is: C:\Games\InnerSpace
Your CWD is: C:/Games/Innerspace
Your executable is: C:/Games/Everquest 2/EverQuest2.exe

The two important lines are the first two. My install path of Innerspace and my CWD (current working directory, aka, where you have innerspace loaded from), are the same: C:\Games\Innerspace.
You can ignore that one uses blackslashes (\) and one uses forward slashes (/). That's just reading from your computer vs reading from Innerspace.
In your case, these two are likely different. You need to fix this, because ISXOgre patches to where Innerspace is installed. IE: The first path.
You are running Innerspace from the second path.

You have two options: Uninstall innerspace, and re-install it into the second path.
Or just use innerspace from the first path, and delete/rename/backup/don't use/ the Innerspace from the second path. (I'd back it up to start, so if you need any files from the second install, you have them).

Once you believe you have fixed that problem, repeat the command from above (ISXOgre:DebugInfo), and see if the two paths are the same. If they aren't, follow the instructions above to resolve the issue.
Kannkor

Return to Guides & Strats