[Test] Relentless Conviction

free(?!) clues!

[Test] Relentless Conviction

Postby Quigly4000 » 02 Aug 2016, 13:15

So I wanted to figure out exactly how relentless conviction was affected procs to help decide if it is worth it to run over other runes (like doublecast run for example)

I have several columns because I was merging data from multiple parses under the same conditions. I also had 2 different damage types on my weapons so have the swings from primary and secondary included in different columns.

I tested this using the level 92 relentless conviction as I just realized that is what I have on all my toons. It still states it increases base trigger percentage by 6%

I used a brigand ungrouped against a training dummy doing nothing but auto attacking. I had 1 ykeshan proc item on and 2 devastation strike items on

Relentless Conviction Test.png

The only proc that change significantly was Interrupt. All weapon procs seemed to be essentially unaffected by it. In the case of yekesha's vengeance this was expected as it cannot be affected except by direct means but the proc rate of devastation strike is affected but actually had a slightly lower proc rate despite the expected boost. Would love to see additional tests added or a critique of the test.
Quigly4000

Re: [Test] Relentless Conviction

Postby Kannkor » 02 Aug 2016, 15:14

I think it would be fair to assume you have to add in other group/raid procs based on your normal situation. I know there are a few if not a lot of group buffs / temp buffs out there that give a chance to proc on ____. Would need to see if this is increased there also.
Kannkor

Re: [Test] Relentless Conviction

Postby Quigly4000 » 02 Aug 2016, 21:01

I don't disagree. I do find it odd that wearing the rune does visibly alter the displayed procs per minute when equipped.

Either way I'm not particularly sold on this rune given it definitely is not a flat additional 6% increase but rather a 6% of the existing rate. I don't think I can justify the miniscule increase now that I have access to all 3 scout runes. On non bards anyway.

Ravaging > reset> bolstered attributes > double cast > wild swings
Quigly4000

Return to Guides & Strats