HOWTO: Triggers from chat

free(?!) clues!

HOWTO: Triggers from chat

Postby AdrenolineLove » 15 Apr 2016, 17:06

So here is a script I wrote (with a lot of help, shout out to you guys in IRC for putting up with me!) that will read through your chat log and trigger based on seeing it. I keep this running on all of my toons by adding "run Savante" in my OnLoad tab.

Here you can see I wrote a script for "Savante On"

Code: Select all
;This is a trigger that will listen to group chat for the word "Savante on" and toggle Sprint in the cast stack

function main()
{
   Event[EQ2_onIncomingText]:AttachAtom[Savante]
   while 1
   {
      waitframe
   }
}

atom Savante(string text)
{
   if ${text.Find[Savante on]}
   {
      echo SAVANTE IS ON!
      OgreBotAtom aExecuteAtom ${Me.Name} a_QueueCommand ChangeCastStackListBoxItem "Sprint" TRUE TRUE
      timedcommand 550 eq2ex cancel_maintained Sprint
      timedcommand 500 OgreBotAtom aExecuteAtom ${Me.Name} a_QueueCommand ChangeCastStackListBoxItem "Sprint" FALSE FALSE
   }
}

If you aren't familiar with Savante, it is an Illy spell that lasts 55 seconds and during that timeframe if you hit sprint it will fill your power completely. It is fantastic for these new power drain fights they've implemented. As soon as you cast sprint, 100% power, and then you have to toggle it off again.

So to accomplish this I've done 2 things. First I added Sprint to the top of my cast stack as a PowerHeal at 60% (you can change it to whatever you'd like) but grayed it out so I'm not using it with Savante off (that might be deadly). Then I've gone into the announce tab in ogre and added to Sprint

Code: Select all
timedcommand 10 eq2ex cancel_maintained Sprint

That way almost immediately after casting sprint it will toggle it off again.

It helps me because I play with Illy's that aren't botting. Other places I could see this being useful: Time warp, Temporal Mimicry, Death Prevent cycling.
AdrenolineLove

Re: HOWTO: Triggers from chat

Postby zerosum » 16 Apr 2016, 03:37

No this has peaked my intrest :).

So basically its setting actions based on chat triggers like in act.
say i want an auto-joust in Uzulu
you could set up a Campspot
Moveto location for combat
The Joust trigger happens
Joust out command is executed with a time delay
Then when the time expires a "joust in" and "moveto" becomes activated.
now i just need to learn how to build this in code :( : \ .

a few things though, i need to learn what atom is, and familiarize myself with the Announce tab and the Onload feature.
zerosum

Return to Guides & Strats