Chaining your temps

free(?!) clues!

Chaining your temps

Postby AdrenolineLove » 10 Mar 2015, 20:03

Want to up your groups DPS? Well here is what I did.

Currently I run an SK, warden, mystic, warlock, troub, illy. So most of my DPS is caster based. This means that when Time Warp is up, I should be doing my heavy hitting spells. The best thing to do when Time Warp is on is to pop all of your temps so your group is doing the most dmg output.

The beautiful thing about cast stack is that it casts spells whenever they are up, via a priority list. This does not mean you will cast the same spells in the same order though. It also means if you'd like to save your heavy hitters and temps for time warp, you can't. Until now.

I will be showing you how to use two things in this tutorial. One is the ANNOUNCE ability and the other is POST CAST.

So when my warlock is ready to start casting his big guns, his first spell in the chain has an announce attached to it. What the announce is is a TELL TO TARGET that says "

/tell Illy cast: TIme Warp"

Now if you were unfamiliar with this, this is a great thing to know. You can /tell any of your classes to cast: A Spell, and they will cast it, overriding the cast stack. With this information, I can now start a trigger chain of reactions.

My illy has an announce on Time Warp to /tell Troub cast: Perfection of the Maestro and an announce to /tell Mystic cast: Stampede of the Herd.

Here is where things really get fun. POST CAST.

To start a chain I set up PoTM to have a post cast of all my troubs temps. So PoTM post casts to Dragon Claws, then PoTM has a post cast for his other 3 temps ending in RO. They will cast in the order you have set in the post cast tab.

With this info, my bard throws all his temps on at the same time my illy is throwing his temps and Time Warp on, upping my burst DPS, which in turn also boosts the overall DPS.

To save your temps for this just take them out of your cast stack and put them in a post cast list.

Feel free to post any questions or comments.
AdrenolineLove

Re: Chaining your temps

Postby Cheesy » 12 Mar 2015, 12:46

With the 5s delay between Timewarp being cast, and being available, what reliable way did you find of announcing the spell, and casting the spells you actually wanted Timewarped?

Not sure why you'd bother saving potm for Timewarp either, as it'd not change in any real way. Same for Stampede. Best using those as often as possible.

However, I do use the idea myself with my bard, my dirge will send my monk a tell asking for Combat Mastery. It won't work everytime due to delay differences in recasts, but it will hit a lot of them.
Cheesy

Postby AdrenolineLove » 14 Mar 2015, 09:26

Not sure why you'd bother saving potm for Timewarp either, as it'd not change in any real way. Same for Stampede. Best using those as often as possible.

The recast on PoTM is 1 min 30 while Timewarp is 2 min. Sure, there are 30 seconds I could save, or because I'm also casting RO during time warp I want to maximize my DPS output for VC. So I'm really saving it for my RO which happens during Timewarp. Also Stampede is a 5 minute recast so it's also nothing too reliable but will also add more to the RO / VC.

As for casting the spells that I want during Time Warp, I haven't dialed it in completely yet but the best way to do it would be through Post Casts. Set up the top of your Post Cast to announce when you want Time Warp, then add a few spells between your heavy hitters and that beginning of the chain that way you aren't wasting them. If you time it all together right you should be able to get them off during your Timewarp.

Although it isn't perfect, it is an excellent way to pop your temps at the same time and set up a casting chain so you can get the most burst DPS possible. As far as I know, there are no other automated ways to do this.
AdrenolineLove

Postby Kannkor » 15 Mar 2015, 11:42

AdrenolineLove wrote:

The recast on PoTM is 1 min 30 while Timewarp is 2 min. Sure, there are 30 seconds I could save, or because I'm also casting RO during time warp I want to maximize my DPS output for VC. So I'm really saving it for my RO which happens during Timewarp. Also Stampede is a 5 minute recast so it's also nothing too reliable but will also add more to the RO / VC.

As for casting the spells that I want during Time Warp, I haven't dialed it in completely yet but the best way to do it would be through Post Casts. Set up the top of your Post Cast to announce when you want Time Warp, then add a few spells between your heavy hitters and that beginning of the chain that way you aren't wasting them. If you time it all together right you should be able to get them off during your Timewarp.

Although it isn't perfect, it is an excellent way to pop your temps at the same time and set up a casting chain so you can get the most burst DPS possible. As far as I know, there are no other automated ways to do this.

Unless I'm mistaken, but Procs don't count towards RO/VC at all. So all you're doing by holding back things like PoTM, is losing DPS. You're giving up total DPS, just to have a higher burst. But what is the point? Unless you're doing some 30s parse...
Stampede is only a 5 minute if you have 0 reuse. And if you have 0 reuse, well you got bigger issues than this. So it's 2.5 minute recast. But again, if it's just for the procs that don't help RO/VC, what is the point?
Kannkor

Postby Cheesy » 15 Mar 2015, 12:44

^ This.

SDA/Procs/Flurries/MA all don't count towards VC.

Only thing that'd be worth coordinating is pure stat increases (Pot/CB Temps etc).

Delaying PoTM by 30s every time, means in a 5min fight you are losing a whole cast of PoTM for example.
Cheesy

Return to Guides & Strats