consolidated poor assassins in v17 thread

consolidated poor assassins in v17 thread

Postby lazycrafter » 11 Jan 2014, 07:01

Trying to do a good assassin one, but without chains I am just never happy with it casting what ever when ever.
lazycrafter

Re: Need new v17 sample profiles ASAP

Postby Kleever » 13 Jan 2014, 11:23

lazycrafter wrote:Trying to do a good assassin one, but without chains I am just never happy with it casting what ever when ever.

that is a good point...not sure if any other classes have abilities that really need chains as well, but ranger and assassin both have predators final trick that needs to be followed with stealth abilities, and all of them to get max use out of it, and assassin also has in plain site, depending on prestige aa. without chains those abilities may become useless/have reduced efficiency.
Kleever

Postby lazycrafter » 14 Jan 2014, 01:27

Yea, there is no way in v17 to get an assassin to parse well. They have two invis chains that have to be done in order to get close to their potential. One is the PFT chain and the other is IPS or Concealment chain. Rangers have a littler chain while not as important to their DPS it does help.

I was just going to make 3 profiles and switch when ever I needed to run a chain but that was a no go because of the invis requirements of the CA. :/
lazycrafter

Postby Mooshi » 16 Jan 2014, 11:11

I'm having a dickens of a time trying to get an assassin profile worked out. The biggest problem is that you dropped the Ignore Stealth (IS) option for the stealth-requiring abilities.

With the way concealment and PFT work, the assassin will either not be in stealth, or will be popping in and out of stealth quickly between abilities. Also, it seems like the bot is deciding too soon whether a stealth ability is "really" available or not. When using concealment, each ability you cast puts you into stealth after 0.1 seconds. So you pop concealment, then you hit a non-stealth starter ability (which puts you in stealth). Then you start using your stealth abilities one after the other (the chain). Each time you finish casting a stealth-requiring ability, you pop out of stealth for 0.1 seconds, then back in (until concealment expires).

I see in the patch notes that predators should ignore stealth when PFT is up, but this doesn't seem to be entirely working. The bot would cast PFT, and then would try to cast stealth abilities (from the list on the setup tab) prior to casting abilities that "require stealth". I'll do some more testing later tonite, and give some more specifics.
Mooshi

Postby lazycrafter » 16 Jan 2014, 21:16

Still isn't' going to be good for assassins as you don't want it casting your long or short chain CA's at all until all are ready to be cast with each other. Else your fatal fallowups are going to suck. Thats the entire point of assassins chaining all their stealth attack at one time is for fatal fallowup.
lazycrafter

Postby Cheesy » 16 Jan 2014, 21:25

Only way I could see Assassins currently working, was if you used a very long series of pre-post casts, and editted the export file to remove stealth requirements (Not reccomended!)

Ambush (Would use Masked Strike beforehand)
Stealth Assault
Assassinate (Would use Stalk beforehand) <--- In Plain Sight ---> Jugular Slice (Stealth Removed)
Mortal Blade (Stealth removed) <---- Eviscerate (Stealth Removed) ----> Fatal Followup

Only way I could think of logically doing it atm.
Cheesy

Postby freedo » 16 Jan 2014, 21:34

is kannkor firm on no more chains? i used to chain pft with the stealth big hitters for named fights, and v16 i thought was aware that when pft kicked off, stealth ca's didn't need to hit stealth. i never tested that issue. (ranger here)
freedo

Re: consolidated poor assassins in v17 thread

Postby Mooshi » 17 Jan 2014, 12:33

Something else I noticed today. Exploit weakness seems to be broken atm. I'm only landing for the high damage amount about 40% of the time.
Mooshi

Re: consolidated poor assassins in v17 thread

Postby Cheesy » 17 Jan 2014, 12:44

No issues personally with Exploit Weakness. Checked 3 full raids worth of parses, no irregularity.

Did some messing with my Ranger profile today, and removing stealth flags from abilities. It's no where near as perfect as I'd like, but not bad. Pretty sure could use the above setup of pre/post cast for time being to make it work.
Cheesy

Postby Kannkor » 20 Jan 2014, 21:30

Mooshi wrote:
I see in the patch notes that predators should ignore stealth when PFT is up, but this doesn't seem to be entirely working. The bot would cast PFT, and then would try to cast stealth abilities (from the list on the setup tab) prior to casting abilities that "require stealth". I'll do some more testing later tonite, and give some more specifics.

Unfortunately the PFT stuff doesn't work and has been removed. I was under the (false) impression PFT showed in your maintained window. It unfortunately does not.

I'm not "firm" on no more chains. I'm just going to get v17 released and polished a bit more, then look at options for "chains" (be chain tabs, or something else).

One of the biggest issues, is stealth REALLY sucks to handle. There's no good way of telling when you are stealth. There is a delay from when you are stealth, to when the client finds out you are stealth.
Kannkor

Next

Return to Feature Testing