consolidated poor assassins in v17 thread

Re: consolidated poor assassins in v17 thread

Postby lazycrafter » 21 Jan 2014, 22:18

Also PFT isn't the only thing that is used to do chains for assassins. You have concealment and or In Plan Sight. In Plan Sight could be treated like PFT but way concealment works is, it puts you in stealth after every ca or auto attack. IPS and concealment are tied to the same timer so you use one or the other.

When assassins run chains most run 2 pirmary chains. The main one is the PFT chain that they use every invis attack in the book fallowed by FF. When FF is usable again they then use the IPS/Concealment chain that uses any invis CA that is ready to be used fallowed by FF. In theory You do one PFT chain fallowed by the IPC/Concealment chain when FF is ready. By the next time FF is ready so is PFT and ALL invis attacks so you start your chain rotation over again.

If it was me coding it and didn't want the chain tabs. I would change ranger/assassin tab to predator and put a PFT list and add an IPS/Con list for assassins. Then you would just have two extra loops you would have to deal with on two classes. I wouldn't worry about looping priority checks while in the chain because once you start one you are committed to it. Of course you would have to adds some basic break checks for this and that but I don't think it would have to be as complicated logic as the current chain code is. Yes I know this is still basic chain tabs but I don't see any way around it if you want your bot to support every class.
lazycrafter

Postby faulkner » 29 Jan 2014, 12:27

So I've been running with an Assassin for awhile now. I was wondering until there's a fix what should I switch my Assassin to for the meanwhile. I run Pally/Zerk, Dirge, warden, Coercer, channeler/brigand, and assassin. Should I just betray into a ranger or would a beastlord be a better fit until there is some fix for the stealth?

Thanks for any suggestions
faulkner

Postby lazycrafter » 03 Feb 2014, 20:50

faulkner wrote:So I've been running with an Assassin for awhile now. I was wondering until there's a fix what should I switch my Assassin to for the meanwhile. I run Pally/Zerk, Dirge, warden, Coercer, channeler/brigand, and assassin. Should I just betray into a ranger or would a beastlord be a better fit until there is some fix for the stealth?

Thanks for any suggestions

I just don't use v17. My assassin can out parse my ranger, you just have to make sure he has flank. Allot of the premade scripts don't allow that so you have to use some imagination.
lazycrafter

Postby Kleever » 12 Feb 2014, 09:41

I didn't see anything touching on this in the upcoming patch notes. Any info available? I am holding off on upgrading to v17 because of this. My assassin is almost 40% of my groups DPS.
Kleever

Postby Kannkor » 12 Feb 2014, 16:13

Kleever wrote:I didn't see anything touching on this in the upcoming patch notes. Any info available? I am holding off on upgrading to v17 because of this. My assassin is almost 40% of my groups DPS.

I'm not sure what 'info' you are after... Nothing has changed from my previous response in this thread... Chains isn't a short job. I haven't decided what, if anything, I'm doing with them. When time permits, I'll see if I can figure something out for assassins.
Kannkor

Postby Kleever » 12 Feb 2014, 16:15

That would be the info I was after, any kind of status. Thanks!
Kleever

Postby Haag » 27 Mar 2014, 19:18

any updates on if or when something might be done to fix this issue? it was tolerable when we could simple avoid updating to V17... but thanks to the update that's no longer an option.

my subs up in 2 weeks, and with me beloved assassin being borderline useless, not seeing much point in re-upping
Haag

Postby Kannkor » 27 Mar 2014, 19:36

Haag wrote:any updates on if or when something might be done to fix this issue? it was tolerable when we could simple avoid updating to V17... but thanks to the update that's no longer an option.

my subs up in 2 weeks, and with me beloved assassin being borderline useless, not seeing much point in re-upping

Have you even tried to make a profile with v17 without chains?

Feel free to let it lapse and monitor this thread, and if changes make you want to resub, then will see you then.
Kannkor

Postby Haag » 27 Mar 2014, 21:17

2 nights worth of endless dummy parsing trying every trick i can think of to "make it work" with the cast stack and so far no dice... but if you or anyone else has a suggestion on how to get FFU chains to work with the cast stack i'd love to see/hear it. I apologize, my tone was not meant to sound like a "OMG fix it or I quit", I understand why you moved to this new version, and for 85% of the classes i'm sure its an upgrade, just regrettably the one I'm most concerned with seems to have regressed by ~25% (best case) and its becoming rather frustrating.
Haag

Postby kyew » 28 Mar 2014, 04:08

I have an idea.

1. make a profile that doesn't give a shit about ffu chains.

2. add ffu as a post cast on stealth assault.

3. for invis setup, only use sneak attack and stalk

This should give you all the stealth attack damage an assassin is supposed to have, and the FFu's should hit with a bare minimum of 4/13 damage charges. If your assassin isn't hitting about 97% of damage potential you should probably stop fucking around trying to use ffu chains and just do this. They weren't perfect in V16 either.
kyew

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Testing